Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Blazer Boats

Started by mikesmiph, November 25, 2009, 10:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macbass

no need dan 5 times in a row jd power. but a cat is not for everybody. just ask waterfoul the only thing out there is triton. but as you know I am partial to my cat but that is me. it does everything that I want..If he wants I can get him a test ride in a cat on erie or st clair...but if i do he will buy one...nice right dan I was being objective...there all good for what they are just some are better than others

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: macbass on November 29, 2009, 02:03:28 PM
no need dan 5 times in a row jd power. but a cat is not for everybody. just ask waterfoul the only thing out there is triton. but as you know I am partial to my cat but that is me. it does everything that I want..If he wants I can get him a test ride in a cat on erie or st clair...but if i do he will buy one...nice right dan I was being objective...there all good for what they are just some are better than others

Having ridden in Macbass's Cat... I highly recommend them.  I regularly fish against several guys who own Bass Cats and they love them.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

zooker

i currantly own a stratos, a terry, an excell, and a yak... belive me i know boat shopping..

i am not a bit bias since i have owned a viking and a lund.

boat shopping actually requires. #1 demo rides #2 actual climbing in the boat and looking for the dirty lil sercerts..often found under the dash or in the stern compartment.#3 price..

zooker

live from the land of the crankbait...

Waterfoul

Quote from: zooker on November 29, 2009, 06:06:07 PM
i currantly own a stratos, a terry, an excell, and a yak... belive me i know boat shopping..

i am not a bit bias since i have owned a viking and a lund.

boat shopping actually requires. #1 demo rides #2 actual climbing in the boat and looking for the dirty lil sercerts..often found under the dash or in the stern compartment.#3 price..

zooker

Exactly... homework.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

zooker

yes water foul....homework..

i sure did mine on that excell. 600 miles one way to the factory.and i did it twice.

zooker

live from the land of the crankbait...

djkimmel

Great thread everyone. Thanks for helping a fellow member out.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Strat200XL

Hey Zooker,

I thought that fishing was the name of the game, If I would have known that the faster boat always won the tournaments I would have bought a Allison Bass Boat. I consider my boat pretty fast, but dont remember when it won me a tounrney. You need to be able to fish thats the name of the GAME!!!!

Come on Guys the Blazer wouldn't handle LSC let alone Lake Erie, Stop Blowing Smoke Up His A**

Later

SethV

I don't know much about Blazer, so I won't comment on them.  I will tell you how I decided to buy the boat that I did.

My priorities:
*  Customer service - running big water you WILL tear stuff up, regardless of brand.
*  Durability, quality of build.
*  Ride & handling

Things I didn't care about:
*  Cost
*  Speed

It came down to 2 brands for me.  Ranger & Bass Cat.  I had previously owned both.  I went with a Ranger Z21.  When all things were considered, I found it to be the best boat for my needs.

Seth

Waterfoul

Quote from: Strat200XL on November 30, 2009, 09:26:13 PM
Hey Zooker,

I thought that fishing was the name of the game, If I would have known that the faster boat always won the tournaments I would have bought a Allison Bass Boat. I consider my boat pretty fast, but dont remember when it won me a tounrney. You need to be able to fish thats the name of the GAME!!!!

Come on Guys the Blazer wouldn't handle LSC let alone Lake Erie, Stop Blowing Smoke Up His A**

Later

Huh?  I don't think anyone was tried to "blow smoke" anywhere in this thread.

mikesmiph

I haven't felt one puff of smoke anywhere near that part of my anatomy. Just a bunch of guys trying to help me make the right choice of boat. Thanks again guys.

macbass

mike like i said earlier test drive all boats you are interested in...if t is used go over the engine with a fine tooth comb...if it is a newer model engine you can have it put on a computer and find out a lot about the engine..other than what some individual is telling you....over revs over heats hours it is all there...if you look at older used boats before around 2000 watch for wood stringers and wood transoms for saturation of water and weak spots in the floor...when you go look at a boat I always take somebody with me because another set of eyes might see something that you don't...but when it is all said and done the final decision is yours to make....and most of us are partial to what we own...because we went through what you are going through

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

mikesmiph

Thanks macbass. Late in the summer, I bought an old Nitro, got a pretty good deal on it, but its not pretty. I felt pretty good about my choice. Its what I could afford at the time, runs really good, and still floats, LOL. Its a world from the rowboats I have always owned and fished out of. Only problem is, it made me want more. Not for sure if I need faster or not, it has a 150 on it. I do want prettier, newer, cleaner, shinier, roomier, wider etc. I refuse to hurry into my next boat purchase. It may be a year or more. I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning towards a Basscat, right now. Rangers, Tritons, Skketer, Champs and all the rest are right near the top. I love the Nitro Z9 CDC, but I'm hearing some bad things about fit and finish. I have to look at them more closely. This thread has helped me tremendously. Now I know some of the things I didnt look for with my first boat. I will continue to listen, learn, and look. Thanks again

djkimmel

That's what I hope you get out of it. Considering the loyalty and perennial brand 'wars' that go on across the bass tournament fishing world, I think this thread is definitely safe for public consumption.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

gr@ssmonkey

i fish from a 519vx ranger and love the boat inside and out,ranger has been good to me on the small problems i've had (seat ripped 1st year,ranger replaced free),the boat has held up fit and finish extremely well......that being said....i would like to check a basscat out(have never heard 1 bad remark about them) have witnessed side by side action with them and was always impressed......the other boat that i would love to check out,but haven't heard 1 single thing from anybody about(good or bad) is the triton X series(has this  X series fell by the way side)
and LGMOUTH has been running that I class skeeter for like 4 years now and the boat looks impressive to me(got passed on white lake by him and it when i had all i could do to hold on to my boat across choppy water and LGMOUTH came by looking at me with out even his hands on the steering wheel,very impressive!!! some of the creature comforts on that I class i wish they came on my Ranger!!!!!
            If there was no Rangers......I would own 1 of those 3 boats 8)

ROI Outdoors

Ah yes... gr@ssmonkey and his Christmas colored Ranger.   ::)   ;D
Dude, you remain the ONLY guy I've ever seen burn a full tank of gas on a 400 acre lake during a 3 hour tournament!!!  Go Go Go!!!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

gr@ssmonkey

ROI Outdoors

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

Wow... I made those last two posts from my work computer... wonder who was the last one to log into GLB on it eh??  LOL!!!

Anthony Adams

Quote from: macbass on November 26, 2009, 07:23:09 PM
freind of mine owns a blazer with a 250 yamaha. 3 years ago he fished the wonderland open..yu bet he passed every boat there was from lake erie to lake st clair the all the randers passed him going across st clair.. If I am not mistaken he was fishing with anthony adams...the next year he had a rander walleye boat he bought to use for lake erie and st clair and used the blazer inland where it was a little calmer...and I have know dog in this fight because I dont own either..

Who are you?

Yes that was me and Doug Ward in his 21 Foot Blazer. I can honetsly say it's the fastest boat I have ever been in and I have been in a ton of bass boats. We launched late in the last flight and we were the first boat to reach Lake St Clair. We passed everyone easily throwing a massive rooster tail the whole way. We were also passed by everyone once we got 2 miles into Lake St.Clair. I was on big fish that year and we wacked them good. My cull-m-right said we had 23.8lbs... We never got to weigh in because we ran out of gas coming back up the detroit river. The boat has two small gas tanks. I had made that run in my Nitro twice that year and both times had plenty of gas left over.

Doug loves his Blazer but he fishes mostly inland lakes and down south. Once he put it on Lake St.Clair he had a whole new perspective on the boat. The boat is a tin can in big water. It is a shallow boat with little storage...

Very Very fast boat.... a real 87 MPH on my GPS. No Bull

If your looking for a fast inland lake boat .... Blazer is a nice boat.

If your going to fish big water.... your going to hate this boat.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

macbass

you have never met me anthony but i have knowen doug for a while and i fish with him and linda both..have a place up north by there house...and he told me the story...