Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Topp bass on houghton or burt and mullet bfl??

Started by bucketmouthhauler, April 15, 2006, 12:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouthhauler

Hi all, I am having a very tough time trying to decide to fish the top bass on houghton lake on June 10th or the bfl on burt and mullet. I like the Idea of 5# spawning smallies all over burt and mullet but I also think I will do well in the houghton tournament. I am having a heck of a time making my mind up ??? I have always wanted to fish some bfl's but I always had boats (until now) that were about 16' 11" Not the 17' that flw requires. So now at least I can fish them. I would like to encourage flw to keep having tournaments in other areas besides detroit, and the only good way to do that i guess is to participate in this tournament. anyone have recommendations?

yukonjack2

I'm an FLW fan, so BFL it is for me.  Hope to see ya up there!

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

djkimmel

I fished the Top Bass on Houghton Lake last year and enjoyed it, but I prefer BFL because I'd like to make the regional again and take another shot at the All-American.

I'd like to fish the early June Houghton Lake Top Bass, but the money will be bigger on Burt and Mullett and the bass are a LOT bigger - it may take over 20 pounds to finish high. If you are thinking about making the regional, you can't skip this event.

I agree with you on having BFL events on other waters besides Lake Erie to mix it up and I'd like to see you up there to help convince them it's a popular change. I talked BFL into trying Burt and Mullett this year so I want to see it be a big success. The launch is smaller there, but we are working on making it as smooth the process as possible.

There are plans for a larger event in Northern Michigan if they can find the right combination of great fishing, facilities and local support. I think many of us would like to see bigger opportunities come more often to our back yard rather than usually having to drive 500 to 1,000 miles to a bigger tournament.

So support the BFL event if you can. You'll definitely enjoy the fishing.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

Yeah don't forget to push the Saginaw Bay as a prime destination outta AuGres......
I am haunted by waters.

djkimmel

Are you talking for a BFL event in the future?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

I am haunted by waters.

MBell

Having the same problem as well.  I may just end up taking the weekend to practice, but burt/mullet bfl is tempting.  From what I've heard on here about Bay City welcoming the state championship that may be an option for Saginaw Bay as long as they give us some time for that idle.  I also like bay city better, it's a longer run to fish but it's less crowded this way. 
-Matt

dhuff

I would like to make it to the top bass on houghton.  Just have to see how the shcedule shakes out.

djkimmel

I was hoping Top Bass would choose the weekend before like last year - I think they told me there was a local conflict. Well, too many tournaments. Too few weekends.

I enjoyed the Top Bass event, but BFL is my favorite.

blakstr1

Quote from: MBell on April 17, 2006, 12:32:58 PM
From what I've heard on here about Bay City welcoming the state championship that may be an option for Saginaw Bay as long as they give us some time for that idle.? I also like bay city better, it's a longer run to fish but it's less crowded this way.?
-Matt

I think your right about Bay City...they put on a great show when the walleye fishermen come to town and they are excited about us bass guys as well. They are one of the cities that "get it" when it comes to their town and businesses, they understand what a tournament brings in..good to see, I hope the state championship goes as smooth as planned...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Burt and Mullett will definitely take 25lbs. or better. The federation tournament up there same time two years ago, 20 lbs probably was 20th place or lower. There were  a number of six pounders weighed. We had boat problems and had to go in hours early with some nice smallies around 18 lbs and never made the first page.  Mullet was the lake then north end. We fished Burt and found deep beds, north end as well.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

blakstr1

yeah i think Mullet reveals itself a bit more than Burt does, both have great fish...the winner could come out of either. 

For anybody fishing that BFL, remember you can head back home early Sunday morning and catch the Team Bass Sanford Lake Charity Open Tournament..its in Sanford, just west of Midland...$2000 top prize up for grabs.... ;D (shameless plug)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com