Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Shakey Head Worm....

Started by Bulletproof, April 09, 2006, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulletproof

Seemed like every other guy in the FLW weigh-in was using one.

Never tried one.....

What's your take?
I am haunted by waters.

smbassman

Don't bother, stick to your tubes and creature baits, etc.....but don't you worry about them shaky heads.  And by all means, don't waste your time fishing a Yum Houdini worm and a 3/16 spotsticker jighead.  They just don't work at all!!!!!

Revtro

At [REMOVED - see No Links Policy List] they have the Reaction Innovations screwball jigheads that are made just for shaky headin'.  Also, Roboworm makes some great looking finesse worms and shad bodies.  
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

MBell

It's for real, not just some gimmick.  I don't think it's something totally new though, just a new twist on an old technique.  Since they changed the tour season a bit the lakes have fished a bit tougher, forces them to change up a little. 
-Matt

225XS4Garza200PXL

Yeah it really isn't anything new... but it's caught fire latley with the lakes that some of these big tournaments are held at... good technique and great when the bite is tough...
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

DennisB.

It's awsome in clear water. been around awhile just coming back into favor on pressured lakes. The lure that Aaron Martins used at santee will be sure to get some attention this year also. I just orderd some myself.

Bulletproof

Quote from: smbassman on April 10, 2006, 07:59:49 AM
Don't bother, stick to your tubes and creature baits, etc.....but don't you worry about them shaky heads.? And by all means, don't waste your time fishing a Yum Houdini worm and a 3/16 spotsticker jighead.? They just don't work at all!!!!!
[/quote

So it's not a bad bait/technique huh. ;D

I'll check out that houdini worm and spotsticker jighead as well.

Thanks for the tip  Smbassman!!!!!
I am haunted by waters.