email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GLBass Member Savage Fishing BASS Federation Nation Championship  (Read 1354 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com

I imagine GreatLakesBass.com member Savage (Brandon Rose) is pretty excited about now. He's probably on his way down to Florida to compete starting Monday on the Harris Chain of Lakes in Florida at the BASS Federation Nation national championship. Savage has put a lot of work into getting ready for the event. Follow along and wish him all the luck he needs to win the whole thing, maybe even make the Bassmasters Classic!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/federation/index
October 26-30
2009 Championship
Harris Chain of Lakes, Tavares, FL

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

motocross269

Re: GLBass Member Savage Fishing BASS Federation Nation Championship
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »

He only has to beat 5 guys and he is fishing in the Bass Masters Classic....I don't think I would have slept all month....

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »

Good Luck, wise decisions, and tight lines. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Dan

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »

He has to be the top angler out of the Northern Divisional. That may be five anglers, but they also throw in a few more in each division. There will be B.A.S.S. winners there from Italy, Mexico, South Africa, Canada, Japan and maybe a few other countries. I was hoping Savage was going to give me a holler and we'd give him the low down on what we did on the Harris Chain when we were down there. We were there almost the same time. We got there November 1. We had a hot spot that we found and caught a bunch of nice bass. Chrome rattletraps were the ticket. Watch the birds for the shad schools. Find those schools and you can sit on them almost all day. Lots of big alligators on the Harris Chain!!! When I say big, a few were almost as long as the bass boat. You can check out the pictures from our trip to the Nationals two years ago on my teardropbass.com blog. Go to the archive section at the top of the daily blog and select the first year's blog entries and you'll see the link to the National Championship day by day blog.
One thing I hope Savage does is fish his strength. One thing I learned from the anglers down there is don't get caught up in what you think those guys down there do. Do what you are confident in and apply that to the conditions down there. Watch out for fronts. They shut the fish down big time. Two years ago guys were downsizing like crazy and fishing for 12 inchers. A limit was tough to come by.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:04:36 AM »

He only has to beat 5 guys and he is fishing in the Bass Masters Classic....I don't think I would have slept all month....

Me either...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge