Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Yikes - Fishermen and Hunters MUST READ! Thanks Obama

Started by Anthony Adams, October 17, 2009, 11:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Jighead on October 17, 2009, 01:57:30 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Please.  Does anyone honestly think that Obama personnaly wants to end recreational fishing on the Great Lakes?  An article on BassFan makes it pretty clear that the inclusion of recreational fishing with commercial fishing was an ignorant oversight by the idiots in this task force - not a direct order from Obama.  The article also explains that U.S. waters have been getting closed to fishing long before Obama came into office.  The Bush (!) administration signed off to close recreational fishing on 120,000 square miles of water adjacent to the Hawaain Islands.  This is a scarry thing to be sure.  But it's nothing to be attacking Obama for.

If he had the chance I think he would end recreational fishing on the Great Lakes; this administration would ban hunting and guns in a heartbeat so its not a stretch of the imagination by any means. If he had it his way the governament would control everything and ban all recreational fishing - we'll probably be in the European Union soon with the way things are going; that said the one thing I agree with you on is that the Sky is Falling. 

Chicago the last time I checked was part of the Great Lakes; this is the scariest part of the whole deal because I'm sure there is some enviromental special interest group with whom political favors are owed.  Closing of waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands doesn't really quite affect us as much as closing off the Great Lakes - unless you have property adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands I don't even know how that is comparable.   

I think the best plan of action is sending emails and letters down to Crawford, Texas not to George W.'s ranch but to Ted Nugent's.  The only person who will ever stop the decline of our economy her in Michigan and ever actually understand the economic impact of hunting and fishing is the Whackmaster - he has done over 6,000 concerts in Detroit which would definitely get a few Motor City Dems to get Cat Scratch Fever and vote Republican or Independent for a change.  That all said it would be hard for Federal Government to impose these restrictions on Michigan waters without some State support; but if we hold true to our political roots here we could see this become a reality in the near future. 

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

djkimmel

This administration has no plans to ban hunting or fishing as sports. There are special interest groups (a polite way to say wacko) however who would love to stop both so in any year or any administration, outdoors persons need to make themselves heard. Hopefully without unnecessary rhetoric that will ensure we aren't listened to as much as we would be if we stick to what we want, which is to protect our sport.

It is fact that Bush signed off on orders that closed off huge areas to commercial AND recreational fishing despite recommendations that recreational fishing could be considered separately. Obama has done no such thing at this point. Our job is to keep it that way by making sure our opinion is known - recreational fishing can still occur in most cases when managed properly to meet the needs of the fish stocks.

We must always be educated and knowledgeable about issues that affect us whether we have 90 days to respond or two years. I try to bring up important things to visitors of this site as best I can in a factual and specific manner.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BHarris989

jmorri23

i cant beleive the whitehouse wastes time on crap like this with all the problems we should be dealing with.