Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 Schedule???

Started by skeeterman190, October 12, 2009, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Anyone heard of any news as to when they are gonna put out next years schedule?? Just curious Ive been hearing rumors so....
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

TCook

I get the feeling FLW will be cutting back next year, hopefully that does not affect the MI division. There was a discussion on another board with guys around the country asking the same thing.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/452592-2010-flw-bfl-and-stren

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=3425
FISH HARD!!!

skeeterman190

Yeah im getting the same feeling.. I hope not..If so back to the westside 4 me..
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

The more i read the more i think our division is in trouble. If i remember hearing right Anthony will not be back next year. so was he cut from the staff?? he was a great guy.. i hope not.Plus i didnt feel we drew the boats that some of the other divisions pull??Now im worried..boo i hope not
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

MadWags

Maybe the tournament director before Anthony had it right. He always told me that they had tried starting the MI Div. Series in other lakes but only did well on boat draws when the series was started in Lk. St. Clair. That is why he always started at Metro. I believe the numbers started to decline prior to this economic down turn when they changed the schedule.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

skeeterman190

Any word there Eric on if the ole Burt Mullet gonna make another showing??? I hope so as im sure u do also..
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

rufus

Phil,
Anthony was definitely not cut from the staff. He was without a doubt the best tournament director I have ever dealt with in the 20 years of tourney fishing I have done. Unfortunately, Anthony did not draw out for Michigan in the pool they put in for every year. I am not at liberty to explain what happened, but I hope he will be back the following year. I really think that FLW may move him up higher in the ranks, but do not know for sure. He is very gifted at what he does and FLW would be crazy not to do more with him. I believe that the BFL will be back next year although that is not in stone. There is a good chance Burt and Mullett will be our first stop and I believe we will be staying on Erie and St Clair after that.

SethV

I fished the Okie division for a year - Mark McWha was the director.  Good guy - everything ran smoothly. 

I will miss Anthony for sure.  I agree with Heath, best tx director I have ever seen.

Rumor I heard was schedule just like this year, except Sandusky is replaced with Detroit River.  But thats just a rumor, I have no facts.

Seth

Team houston

Seth did you get your skeg fixed?

TCook

Posted on another site today:

I know several guys are looking for the schedule's, I got a call back from FLW Outdoors and the guy I talked to went over to the main board and called off the schedules for next year that I was looking for. He said they are about 95% set right now (still waiting on a couple of permits to come through). They said they hope to have the schedule's on the website by next Wednesday, if the final permits come through
FISH HARD!!!

SethV

Quote from: Team houston on October 14, 2009, 02:29:02 PM
Seth did you get your skeg fixed?

No, nothing has been fixed (truck, prop or skeg).  I backed the boat into the garage and have not done anything with it.  I did put stabil in the fuel and ran it briefly on Wolverine, but thats it.

Bassinkid10

Talked to Robert Vanderson two weeks ago, he said to feel free to call him at FLW.  The tenative schedule is Burt mullet First weekend of June.  Detroit River at the beginning of July, Metro Beach at the end of July, Detroit river Aug. 20, and he wasn't sure if they were going to do Metro Beach or Detroit river for the Super Tournament in September.  The regional is at Kentucky Lake around the end of October.  Hope this helps guys

Jighead

If that's close to being right, I like it.  No Sandusky, and a Kentucky Lake regional.  It would be nice to do a St. Clair super tournament for a change of pace.  It seems like the super's been on the river forever.

Is Rob V. our new TD?
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

djkimmel

There have been a few more qualifiers from Michigan than that and I would include the Great Lakes region / Michigan division in that, not just Michigan residents. If I recall, the regional can not be held on a body of water that any of the divisions have fished that year so we could not fish St. Clair, Detroit River or some part of Lake Erie unless it is off the schedule that year. The weather is a big part also, but so are facilities and local support.

Burt and Mullett and other northern waters have been considered. Facilities and weather are part of the issues up there also, but I think we may be able to continue to impact our chances by working for more knowledge of, and acceptance of our sport by government and civic bodies who can drive the level of support (or we could build a big marina on one of the northern chains?).

Personally, I don't mind competing on new waters or even waters that might be considered local to other anglers. There are so many factors involved in successful tournament fishing, and that is part of the challenge of being a well-rounded, successful tournament angler. When you do well, it feels that much more like a great experience and accomplishment.

Michigan anglers should be successful and very well-rounded. Just ask the KVD guy...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Dan Kimmel should be on that list. He fished the 2001 All American with myself.

Team houston

Well as long as you are not getting nit picky. Since they use to take eight and now they take six because there are more divisions. For those who are interested Dan came in 7th.

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

Jighead

I didn't see a regional listed.  Did I just miss it?
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

markgoetsch

Wasn't very good planning on there part having a tourney the same weekend as the BASS OPEN. 

SethV

Quote from: markgoetsch on October 27, 2009, 08:05:39 PM
Wasn't very good planning on there part having a tourney the same weekend as the BASS OPEN.  

Yeah, no kidding.   :(

2 of the 3 northern strens overlap with the BFL also.

Too bad, I really want the BFL to grow.  When I fished the NE division, we had full 200 boat fields.  So much fun.  I don't see it getting any bigger in 2010 with the schedule conflicts.

I am thinking about the Strens, I love the schedule.  Down side is that there is not a no-entry fee championship in 2010.

Seth