Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 Saginaw River State Championship and 2007 Northern Regional at Vermillion

Started by Dan, September 25, 2009, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

If anyone knows the Michigan anglers who made the 2006 State Team that then went on to fish the 2007 Regional at Vermillion I finally have put all the stills and video I had together in an iMovie. It's about 50 minutes. It's kind of piece meal because when you're fishing and trying to take pictures you're not always in the right place at the right time to shoot it from beginning to end.
Hey Blake, there are some shots of you in the weigh in line at Saginaw.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

gr@ssmonkey

hey dan,how can we check them out i was one of the anglers that fished vermillian that year would love to see the pics,were u fishing on the team that year!!!! thanks dan

Dan

I have pictures that I have scrounged from a variety of people. My fishing friend Don Fowler fished and won the Northern Divisional. I have some stills and some video I shot of the final day weigh in. I put it altogether in an iMovie. If you are interested I can send you a DVD if you send me your address. Use my http://teardropbass.com/ contact button and send me your info. It costs a couple bucks to send it and if you get the DVD and like it, you can send me a few bucks for what I have into the DVD, case, and mailing.
Did you fish on the MI team? I take it you didn't. I also went down to Florida with Don and compiled a bunch of pictures and video and made a DVD of our trip down and the National Tournament. I have trip to the National Tournament blogged day by day and it's archived on my Daily Blog page up at the top. Click on 2007-2008 and you will see where it is listed and by clicking on it you can read and see all the stills.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

gr@ssmonkey

thanks dan i will be contacting u,and yes i did fish on the michigan team,i think i was 4th,Don did an aewsome job we were within sight of each other all 3 days, 8) just thinking now dan, was that u in chesapeak bay this spring with don fowler,i hung out with don and his friend for a little bit the night before the tourney was to begin(i met don on the michigan team that year)....thanks again dan 8)

Dan

Nope that was Ron Hicks, another good friend of Don and I. I had to hang up the tournament fishing this year for family reasons. Hope to get back doing more next season. Don is up in Canada right now filming a bear hunt. He shoots for PSE and is a crack shot. An outfitter called him and said he had a record book bear coming in to the bait and wanted Don to come up and they would film the hunt. Haven't heard anything from him yet.
He had boat trouble on Lake Champlain and thought it was fixed, but while prefishing for Erie same problem came up and he couldn't get the boat repaired in time. Lost his entry fee for the Northern Open. He wasn't a happy camper.
If you were on the state team then I think you will like the DVD. I got what pictures people would send me. Paul Sacks sent me his and I got some others as well. I have a little video from the Saginaw River State Event. I did fish that. It's hard to fish a tournament though and be at the right place at the right time to get all the pictures to really do a video log justice.

gr@ssmonkey

sorry to hear that about don on the last northern open,was wondering why his name wasn't on the roster,was it his boat or motor?....and WOW if don shoots a record bear that would be aewsome!!!!!!!
                     thanks again dan i will be getting a hold of u