Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:08:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

KLBA reminder for 9-8-09

Started by McCarter, September 07, 2009, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Sorry for the late notice.  Just rolled back into town from our annual Salmon trip. 

We are fishing tomorrow.  Be there or be square.

McCarter himself :-\'

Lightningboy

Well, lock up your daughters, and hide the dog.  Lightningboy is gonna grace you with his honorable presence.   ;D

Belleville is done on the 15th, and I'm gonna need a new game.  Barring unforseen problems, I should be fishing with you bums on the 22nd through the end of the season.

You can tell I'm a tx junkie.  Me of all people ending the season on a 10 mph lake.   ???

McCarter

especially with your rocket ship.  that thing idles at 15 mph.  its "hot for teacher" time.

LipRip

Not meaning to hijack your thread.....but, did you catch any salmon?

McCarter

hooked 4 but only landed one.  we had 12 in our group and only 5 landed a fish.  this was the slowest year i have seen.  very hard to find fish plus the river was pretty packed so even harder to get a hole.

LipRip

wow, the river was packed already!!?! Its still pretty early for the salmon to be runnin, although i know they've started. I usually go out to the PM river out between baldwin and ludington and do pretty well. Plannin on doin it next week to get some of the early runners. What river were u fishing?

McCarter

Fished the PM.  Drifted Mack to Sulak the first day.  Then we were gonna do Rainbow to Upper the second day but the DNR was at Rainbow checking for forrestry tags which i didnt even know we needed this late in the year but they said they changed it from last year.  so we couldnt launch there.  we ended up doing sulak to upper instead.  it was a short drift, but we found a couple runs that were holding some fish.  We usually do a walk in at the Betsie in Benzonia every year, but no one was into it this year. 

The salmon run has been going on for over a month now.  A couple of my buddys have been crushing them up there.  There will be another big run after the next big rain.

Im goin up again in 2 weeks just for a day.  probably going to walk into the betsie, start at the Indian hole and work my way up to the dam.

LipRip

I just walk in and find some holes that are holding fish, it peees me off when people drift over my fishin hole so thats why i dont drift!!!! Its sounden like this weekend we're gonna get some rain up here so i'm prob gonna head out there monday morning ( no class in the morining!!!)

Ur fish up closer to the mouth of the pm havent heard a whole lot about the fish runnin hard by baldwin yet.

I really dont know the names of the parts of the river......i just know where i go and where i've been.

McCarter

im complete opposite.  i love when people drifter over a hole i am fishing.  it really seems to get the fishes metabolism going and they really start eating.  i figured out exactly what they like to eat, too.  they are very fond of McFly foam tied around a #4 mustad.  man, sometimes they get so hungry and excited that they cant even get the fly in there mouth.  they get it in the top of there head or in there tail.  that is the sad reality of salmon fishing.  i was told if they are foul hooked that you are supposed to intentionally break your line.  i will not do this.  i am not going to leave a hook and lord knows how much fishing line stuck to a fish that is going to die and decompose in the next few weeks only to release the line back into the river.  sorry.  i will land the fish and release him back into the water.  the fish that i landed was hooked in the tail and was released much to the dismay of a few of my buddys.  they wanted to eat him but i only keep em if they are hooked in the mouth. 

The little man was fishing strong before they closed the wier.  maybe thats what i was thinking of.

LipRip

I don't cut my line either if the fish is foul hooked, which happens a lot. I try to land them and then pull my hook out and most of the time a few flys! I've never heard that you are supposed to cut ur line.....that really doesnt make any sense. That line would not only effect the fish, but the other wildlife around the river (geese, ducks, ect)

Did u hear about the possible new world record brown that got caught in the manistee river??

McCarter

did not hear anything about it.  when was it caught?

LipRip

McCarter

good god that thing is disgusting.

LipRip

LipRip

wrf....whrere is my cinnimon w/ blue flake?

McCarter