Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Any Fish Up the St. Clair River Yet

Started by Skulley, August 20, 2009, 09:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Any fish up the St. Clair River yet???  I don't want to drive all that far and then run from the North Channel Launch up to Fawn Island and not catch at least 10 or more.  I have got lots of spots to try.....I just want to know if it is worth the trip.........otherwise to Erie I will go.....Thanks. Better yet, PM me if you would prefer.

Thanks
BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassfan586

Im interested as well.  Have not had time to fish on lksc for over a month due to family events.  I am heading out sat for a few hours and wanted to know.  Pm me as well.  Thanks.
Got one!

bassfan586

Tried quite a few spots yesterday around fawn island.  Nothing.  Tried up by st.clair around the pine river and theshallow area in front of the boardwalk.  Nothing.  I did manage on 13" smallie in 35 fow in front of sans souci.  But more follow up passes produced nothing.  Water temp was almost 10 deg warmer up by sarnia\port huron versus north channel.
Got one!

dashaver63

I don't know about now, but in years past, my club used Labor Day as kind of a starting point to start working the river. There are a couple places in the Middle channel we would hit first to use as a gage to see when they started moving up.

VinceR

In years past, fishing the NBAA Double Barrel series, we would typically start to see the big weights coming out of the channels and river starting the first of August. So much so, that beginning last year, they started launching the last two or three tournaments out of the Algonac launch.

This year, though, they seem to be running two to four weeks later than past years. This is likely due to the funky early weather that kept the lake temps down, way into June.

When I checked the tournament results from this weekend's Double Barrel, I see that the weights are still down slightly from where they usually are, this time of year. I'm also seeing the teams that usually dominate in the river, haven't come up to speed, yet.

My "eastside" sources are telling me that some good weight is still coming out of the main lake.

motocross269

Last year I don't think the fish ever got going really strong in the river..I kind of expect the same thing this year....
I am sure there are guys that will catch them up there in their "honey holes"..but I didn't hear alot of positive reports..

VinceR

Quote from: motocross269 on August 23, 2009, 11:37:08 PM
Last year I don't think the fish ever got going really strong in the river..I kind of expect the same thing this year....
I am sure there are guys that will catch them up there in their "honey holes"..but I didn't hear alot of positive reports..

I noticed that too, but didn't say it. I thought that maybe it was just me.

tcmono

I have won and placed very high in tournaments on Canadian opening day in the St. Clair River.  The river fish are ALWAYS there.  They are just hard to catch in all that current, you gotta know how to fish it properly.  When they go deep later in the summer, they're easier to catch.

That said, last year SUCKED and this year aint much better.