Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Grandt rods??

Started by baggerslimm, August 20, 2009, 04:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggerslimm

I'm looking at the Grandt's,so can you tell me what series you have and the likes and dislikes about them...  Thanks Slimm
04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

WayneC

I got hooked on Grandt Rods through guys that were on my pro-staff and Grandt's.  After using two 7' 6" Medium All American Series baitcasters for a couple of years I fired everything else and outfitted my guide service with a dozen more All American Series rods ranging from 5' 6" to 7' 6".  I'm not up on the technical part but I can tell you that that confidence is high, customers are happy and they have a lifetime guarantee to back me up.

djkimmel

I have a Grandt Rods 7 1/2 foot medium light spinning rod for tubes and drop shot - XLH70 series - light, sensitive, good action. Soft tip with a strong butt section. Very nice looking rod. Used it a lot this year mostly for Great Lakes and Northern Michigan smallies.

I also have an All American Pro Series 7 1/2 foot flippin stick I've use a lot this year. It's the typical collapsible flippin stick. Strong and fairly light for a strong power rod. Sensitive and I've used it a great deal for froggin over the heavy weeds. Caught a lot of bass on the rod that way this year.

Maybe my favorite overall is probably my 7 foot casting rod I've used very heavy this year mostly for tossing spinnerbaits over the flats and breaks. Caught a bunch of nice bass, particularly smallies, on the rod this year. Very light for a 7 foot casting rod. Sensitive to feel ticking the weeds and those big bass that just stop the blades from spinning. The rod has the exact action I like for heaving spinnerbaits on those long cast, for helping the bass get the blade good, and for setting the hook and getting the bass in. I've caught a lot of bass on the rod. I'll have to look in the boat to see what exact model it is.

I've had a 6' 6" casting rod for a couple year - medium-light action All American Pro Series. I've caught a good number of big smallies on it tossing small cranks, Shad-X (Xtreme Bass Tackle bait like a fluke), swimming jigs and similar baits. Has a real soft tip and a thin, but strong butt section. Really loads up when the big bass slam the lure.

Grandt makes their own rods here in the US. Lifetime warranty. A large variety of actions and styles. For specific questions about the largest variety, member MadWags is very knowledgeable about the product line.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

I own and use the All American Series, XLH70 Series, Reserve Power Series and the Stealth Series. If you send me an email or PM and let me know what your fishing for and the techniques, I can make some recommendations. Or if you are anywhere near Lake St. Clair we can hook up and you can check out my rods. :) Also check out my post here. http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=3729.0
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

baggerslimm

Thanks Fellas for the info!!  I Talked to Jim and he is hooking me up..  Slimm
04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

MadWags

It's great to be able to talk to the owner. :)
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.