Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Poorboy and joshimotoson

Started by fishon1219, March 29, 2006, 06:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

Hey, Good luck guys on Santee. Give me a call and I will post a report for all of us stuck here in the north.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

joshimoto son

Thanks for the wish of good luck, it's starting to look like our timing is going to match up with some tremendous fishing.
I think I'm going to have to pack some sleep aid for PB, I think our biggest challenge is going to getting that guy to fall asleep.
I'm sure he will give you a call Kevin.

McCarter

By sleep aid i hope you mean beer.

Besides, who needs sleep when your fishing. 

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Cheetam

When are you guys leaving again?  Hopefully the Elite guys won't beat the lake up too much for you guys...
Jeff

fishon1219

Quote from: joshimoto son on March 29, 2006, 09:17:19 AM
I think I'm going to have to pack some sleep aid for PB, I think our biggest challenge is going to getting that guy to fall asleep.
Forget the sleep aid, bring some ear plugs for the ride or you will be deaf before you hit the ohio turnpike
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

Kevin, dont be jealous that ive been chatting online with babes, all day! ;D

BTW, enjoy your 50 degree weather.  Ill be thinking about you shivering in the stratos while im basking in the 80 degrees of sunshine.
Maybe ill send you a postcard.  Or maybe i will just save the money and buy me and joshimoto son another round. 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

blakstr1

Quote from: PoorBoy on March 29, 2006, 11:48:13 AM
Kevin, dont be jealous that ive been chatting online with babes, all day! ;D

"It's called a Liger, it's just about my favorite animal..."  Be careful I hear SC is full of these!! ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

spinninbug

You two are going to have so much fun!!!!  I'll be prayin to the fishin Gods for both of you!  I'll call to see how your doing Josh.  Be careful have fun,  hmm can you do that at the same time?  Well,  we are thinking about you anyway have a great time. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Bulletproof

Go Get em' boys and have fun.......

I hear ya on the sleeping thing.  Even for little amateur tournies around the area I'm lucky if I get 2 hours sleep before a tourney. 

By the time I get home I'm trashed.  The wife wonders why I'm exhausted.?

Sleeping pills might just be a genious idea, either that or a 12er of PBR.
I am haunted by waters.

McCarter

Isnt if funny when the wives or girlfriends give you crap for being tired after a tournament?

My girlfriend doesnt understand why i am so useless after getting up at 4 am, driving and hour, fishing for 8 in the hot sun, fighting waves, getting beat up, standing 90% of the time, then driving another hour home.

She will say things like 'how can you be tired, all you did was fish all day'.  That really gets me going.  Just once, i wish she would come out and fish a team event with me on LSC or ERIE.  I would just like her to see why I am so tired afterwards.  But after 4 years of horror stories from the big water i couldnt pay her to get on a boat with me out there. 

smbassman

Quote from: PoorBoy on March 30, 2006, 08:45:48 AM
Isnt if funny when the wives or girlfriends give you crap for being tired after a tournament?

My girlfriend doesnt understand why i am so useless after getting up at 4 am, driving and hour, fishing for 8 in the hot sun, fighting waves, getting beat up, standing 90% of the time, then driving another hour home.

She will say things like 'how can you be tired, all you did was fish all day'.? That really gets me going.? Just once, i wish she would come out and fish a team event with me on LSC or ERIE.? I would just like her to see why I am so tired afterwards.? But after 4 years of horror stories from the big water i couldnt pay her to get on a boat with me out there.?

I don't have that problem.  My wife has and does fish tournaments with me.  Within 5 miles of the launch site after the tournament she is passed out, snoring with drool dripping off her face.  Dang near have to carry her into the house when we get home. 

McCarter

Lucky man.  My girl only gets out on the boat once or twice a year.  And it has to be 95 and sunny, no wind, calm water, and no other boats.  And coincedentaly, never has to use the bathroom until i get on fish.

But i do enjoy the times that she is with me.  I just wish it was more often.

yukonjack2

Well guys, you lucky sob's hit it right - bassfan says the weather warming nicely, and the slugfest is on - hope to see big bass from each of you on successive days!  keep us up to date as to who you drew, and how its going please - can't stand the anticipation probably as much as you guys!

go tear em up boys!

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

yukonjack2

ok guys - did you go on a beer bender and not register, or did you guys get dq'd for driving the boat?  didn't see either of you in the day 1 co-anglers list?   whats going on.  I was so pumped up to see ya'll bring an 8 lber across the scales.  Let us all know whats up?

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

djkimmel

I think they are fishing the Southern Tour event next week April 6-8 at Santee Cooper...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

remember  DON"T DRIVE THE BOAT>

make sure you pack the " Lure Mold " in case there is a HOOTERS down there..  them southern ladies will love it.

good luck

ss

Cheetam

Quote from: djkimmel on March 31, 2006, 12:35:40 AM
I think they are fishing the Southern Tour event next week April 6-8 at Santee Cooper...
That's the one....I talked to Brian this morning and he is on his way now to meet up with Josh for the 13 hour trip to SC...lucky suckers...
Jeff

MaizeNBlue

Show those boys how we fish up here in MI. Good luck, wreck em all, and keep us updated!

spinninbug

LOL...just got off the phone with Josh,  they stopped in Jackson to get ice and are blocked in by a pepsi truck and a car people just keep parking in back of them and they can't get out!!  Josh is getting frustrated. 

Wanting to get on the road and  blocked in.  He's pretty geeked the fish have moved up.  Told him I would call him later to check in.  So I'll try to keep everyone posted how they are doing.  If I can get through on that nextel phone of his. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

Not even out of Jackson... and already challenges... sounds like one of my trips.

Hope they make it out... and don't drive too fast! Have to make it there in one piece to actually catch some of those monsters!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.