Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Canadian License

Started by TCook, July 01, 2009, 10:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

About to order my Canadian license and wondered if the conservation license is all we need or do we need to have the regular (I cant find any details explaining the difference other than no musky)? Also i will be ordering from Lakeside and it says all internet orders must be recieved before tuesday by 8PM. How long does it take to ship to my door if this is the case. Do they only get licenses once a week on Wen I am assuming, just want to make sure I have it before July 14th.
Thanks guys

FISH HARD!!!

fishon1219

If you are fishing a tournament you do not want the conservation Licence. It is only good for 3 fish. You will need the regular one. Also lake side gets them every thursday and will mail them out to you on that same thursday. I think you will be o.k. but you can never tell with the USPS
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

TCook

Thanks thats what I needed to know, I am getting it for the BFLs so the conservation license will not work.
FISH HARD!!!

PIGSMALLIE

I have just went to there store and picked them up.I know they will hold them for you until you get there.He goes over once a week to get them until october.You do have to order them in advance and im not sure how long in advance you can call them and they will tell you though.The phone number is on the website!!

bshaner

You can call up to Wednesdays before 7pm and internet up to Tuesdays before 8pm for them to get them on Thursdays.  They are ready by 3pm on Thursdays.  That's every week's schedule.

They will work with you... a bunch of nice people there.  Every time I've ordered my licenses from them it's like clockwork and they seem to bend over backwards to take care of you.

I think your best bet is to call them and order it.  They can give you all the details you need over the phone.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

BigSmallie

Rather than order my license, I would like to pick both the Canaidian and Walpole Lic's when I drive down.   Is there any place that you can drive to and pick up your licenses...??

I know years ago we used to drive our boats in one of the channels and pull up to a small bait store in Canada and get our licenses on the spot.     Does anyone know if this can still be done..??

Thanks!

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

fiker

I don't know about that, but guys have told me that they got their licenses by taking the ferry across from Marine City.  They just ride over, and back. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

LAPORTE

There is a place in windsor you can go and pick up your licenses on the spot. Pm me Ill have to get the address out of the gps for you. I had to go over and get a dup. copy last year cause I washed the first one. The only bad thing is you can't get your wapole...  >:(

Don L 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

The Chematogen Camp Store a short ways down off the South Channel into the Chematogen Channel on Walpole Island. That's the place BigSmallie is talking about I believe - on St. Clair anyway.

I haven't been there in 2 years and have heard they may not be open. I know they were having problems keeping both licenses in stock the last I dealt with them. Give them a call before you try it: 519-627-1558

Don't forget there's an extra charge this year to get the Ontario outdoor card application. You'll get a form to carry until the actual permanent plastic card is mailed to you late this year.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BigSmallie

Ok......Thanks Dan.

I called them.......they only sell the Walpole....... :(

BS  ;)

bshaner

BigSmallie, I understand your question and your statement... but it's as easy as a phone call before Tuesday and you can pick both up on Thursday.  Every week.... doesnt get much simpler than that.

B

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

River Rat

You need to know the rules about crossing the border since they changed June 1st.  If you are going to set foot on Canadian soil and plan on returning to the US you need a passport or an "Enhanced" driver's license.  I can attest that they are NOT easily accepting "I didn't know" as an excuse.

If you are open to another "2 cent opinion", order from Lakeside either online or by phone (before 8pm Tues) then pick 'em up after 3pm Thursday.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

WayneC

I did the Chematogan store license run every year but last year they didn't carry the Canadian License, just the Walpole.  A lot of stores in Canada stopped carrying licenses because there was some kind of dust up having to do with getting compensated for selling them.  Last year only a couple Canadian Tire outlets still carried the licenses. 

There really isn't a better deal than the one Lakeside offers to get both licenses at one location.  No crossing the border, no tolls, great time savings.

djkimmel

Start earlier next year though and you can just order by phone for the Canadian - have it mailed to your house.

Lakeside will mail either or both licenses for a small fee if you ask and have time.

For Ontario, you can call their toll free number and get a license in 2 to 3 weeks. 800-667-1940

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BigSmallie

Lakeside it is!

Thanks.

BS  ;)

Skulley

You can order the Canadian license off Lakeside"s website.  If you are fishing a tournament on St. Clair you may also consider a Walpole license.  There are certain times of year where a lot of fish are caught on the reservation.  I spent a whole day on the reservation last year up the Johnston channel during a club tournament and did very well.  You can order both from Lakeside's website and they will mail it to you.  I put my order in for mine in May on a Monday evening on the site and had both my licenses delivered in the mail that very following Saturday.  They get them in the mail Thursday evening.  Good Luck!!!    ;D    :D    :)

BD             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

So I take it we are required to have a passport too. How much is that going to cost us?
FISH HARD!!!

Skulley

You need a passport only if you step on canadian soil however I really wonder how necessary that is.  I heard that started June 1 but have not heard whether it really did or not.  You do not necessarily need a passport to fish canadian waters.  I have a passport but did not have it with me yesterday when I fished Askins Point.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com