Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

phone number

Started by stackenem, June 29, 2009, 04:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

OK for those of us who do not have a home computer, is there a phone number I can call to get great lakes weather updates before I drive all the way to erie or St. Clair on an early morning trip?

Bill
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fiker

I don't know Bill, but I have a computer.  You could just call me, invite me along, and I'd be glad to share whatever info I can determine  ::)
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

t-bone

If you have Text messaging on your cell phone, you can do this:
http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/default/sms.html

Text "weather detroit" to 466453 (Google) and returns the current forecast: temp, winds, humdity, and next three days

------------

for more detailed info from NOAA:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/internet.htm#pda

I couldn't find a phone number that you could call though.

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Erie660

Here you go it's called dial -a-buoy.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/dial.shtml#whatare

1-888-701-8992

You will have to go online and read how to use it, then write down the information you need. All you have to do after you have the correct buoy number is call for the forcast. I hope this helps.

t-bone

This is cool - there are three bouys in St. Clair - I call the number 888-701-8992 and used buoy 45147 which is on the Canadian side. It gives wind info, wave height, barometeric pressure, air temp and water temp.

Excellent. Give current conditions only.

Other buoys in St. Clair are:
LSCM4
CLSM4
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

The Canadian weather buoy is the one to get a complete picture of wind and wave height out in the middle of the lake anyway.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: t-bone on June 30, 2009, 12:52:35 PM
This is cool - there are three bouys in St. Clair - I call the number 888-701-8992 and used buoy 45147 which is on the Canadian side. It gives wind info, wave height, barometeric pressure, air temp and water temp.

Excellent. Give current conditions only.

Other buoys in St. Clair are:
LSCM4
CLSM4

There is only one buoy on St. Clair and that is 45147 on the Canadian side of the shipping channel just off the dumping grounds to the northeast.  The other two stations you have LSCM4 which is in St. Clair Shores at the Coast Guard Station at 9 Mile and CLSM4 which is the St. Clair Light.  These two stations WILL NOT  give you wave height.  The buoy 45145 is very reliable......perhaps more reliable than the ones on the U.S. side.  The Erie buoy you need to dial is 45005.  The Toledo Light weather station is THLO1 and does not give wave height.  Station THRO1 is located about a quarter of a mile up the Maumee River and will give you water level.  That is usually what I use to determine whether or not is is safe to get into the Hot Pond in the fall as water levels can fluctuate quite a bit during that time of year.   

I have these stations dialed into my cell phone.  Never know when you're going to need them.  I have been using these for years.  I love technology!!!    :D   I hope this all helps you out.  Good Luck!!!   :)

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com