Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

21LB 5 FISH

Started by bassaddict, June 10, 2009, 11:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassaddict

i know this is a late post but on 6-5-09 Bassassasin and I pounded em at st clair. Biggest and personal best 5.2,another 5, 4.8, 4.5, 3.8. Seen a bunch on there beds. One hadto be near 6 or 7 lbs. ATLEAST it was the biggest bass I have ever seen. Spooked er soon as we rolled up. Tube was the only thing they wanted. We were in a 16 1/2 smokercraft. Talked to some other boats and nobody else hadluck. Then I went to get the boat and I left my buddies lights on in the truck and it was dead.  First time for everything. Seems that the best days always have a bad twist.
Think with your flippin stick jimmy.

DDBethke

NICE!

I'll be out on Clair' this Sunday!

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

ROI Outdoors

Bassaddict,

I am coming over there from GR on Monday and was curios if you could point me in the direction of that 7 you saw!  Is the Spawn about 2 weeks later than normal this year because I get over there 1st or 2nd week of June every year and it always has seemed to be Post?  Thinking about heading out to the Hump but that could be a mistake if there is still a bunch of fish spawning.  Any insight would much appreciated.
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Erie660

I was on St Clair last Friday and we were catching fish on their beds in 10 ft of water off the mile roads. The lake was flat so it made it easy to see them on the beds. My buddy was using a tube (great lakes craw) and I was using a nemisses goby. The goby out fished the tube that day. The nemisses goby has caught alot of fish already this year.

bassaddict

I just got back from  st clair out since 8 am boated about 10 fish all small.  We only used tubes but one of my buddies out there caught them all along the miles roads on the  blue sea wall on cranks. The sexy shad color but but not the peice of crap strike king brand. Tough day plus my boat was crowded. The giant I seen was just south of the 400's in 10 fow.  Ps. I honked the horn at one of the fellow GLB member in a black pontiac vibe this morning on 696. I couldnt get a rise out of them, jammin to the radio or something. Nice to see a sticker on the back. How can I pick one up?

djkimmel

bassaddict -that was me. I was heading over to go out with the MDNR to watch them do sturgeon research. I'm not a morning person and I always listen to talking books when I'm going somewhere. I didn't even hear your horn honk and since you weren't frantically waving at me and I saw no smoke ;D I didn't notice anything else besides the coffee (lots of coffee) and my book.

Sorry about that.

The decals are available in the online store - http://www.greatlakesbass.com/store/glbstore1.html - though I'm sold out right now. The one you saw on my car is the 14" size that most people like.

I had planned on giving some away at the spring DK open in May, but could not get them from the printer in time. I had some small 3 to 4" oval decals I gave out to the members who were at that event. I'll try to repeat that at the fall DK open too in September/October depending on supplies and budget.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bassaddict

Does anyone know why there are so many bass floating in st clair? Is there some virus? I know they cant all be from tourneys. A guy I met at newberg said some kind of bluegill virus. He said he seen muskies, walleyes, and pike floating. I never seen anything but smallies. Any truth to that? 

DK- Yah I can relate on the early commute. Cant have enough coffee. How did the sturgeon study go? Any good pics?

djkimmel

Sturgeon study went great. I have pics and video. Just need the time now to do something with them.

The MDNR is looking into samples of some of the fish - mostly what I heard is more dead fish maybe than normal in some canals. Smallies have been dying out there every spring for decades, along with other fish due to the rigors of spawning and some catch-and-release mortality too probably. There has been reports of most types of fish floating - same as every year. Also seen the usual waterdogs floating myself.

I'll post if I get any specifics reported from the MDNR.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

sjvbsb1

Nice post, alot of info in a short period of time.
I will be up there on the 24th, haven't fish this early on St Clair yet. I hope we can still find them.
Let's see, shollow or deep.................

Team houston

I saw in the Free Press they identified the disease. It was NOT VHS but another one they were familiar with that shows up every couple years.

djkimmel

Thanks Th! Saves me a phone call or email. Big system. Lots of fish. Clear water and lots of current. Nothing is hidden on that lake. Good to be watchful and knowledgeable too.