Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Any current reports

Started by Walleyehawger, June 04, 2009, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleyehawger

Going out tomorrow for the first time.  What are the bass doing out there right now?  Are most on beds?  How has the fishing been.  Not asking for specific spots, just wondering what the fish are up to...

Thanks

Skulley

I went out last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the Mile Roads and caught 10, 16, and 6 respectively on each of the days.  On Friday and Saturday the water was clear.  Sunday the water started to cloud a bit.  Fished several spot along that stretch.  Was planning on fishing Lakeville Lake Saturday for NBAA One on One Oakland County but decided not to as the Championship is on Saginaw Bay and not St. Clair.  So I am going out on the Mile Roads on Saturday instead.  I will be fishing from Masonic on South.  May try the Grosse Pointe areas also.  I have some spots around the GPYC that have always paid off this time of year.  Right now 11 mile is producing.  I have done well around the 400 Club Apts.  Been fishing anywhere from 6 to 12 feet depending on the weather.  Last week 8-10 feet seemed to be the depth.  Week before 6 to 8 feet sometimes out to 10 feet depending on the structure.  Whenever I hit rocks with weeds and caught a fish, I would throw a marker out and fish around it.  Sometimes I got fish, and sometimes I did not. 

Look for me on Saturday as well as Sunday although I hear Erie's Brest Bay is on right now.  Heard of some awesome catches out there.  May go down there depending on the weather and which way the wind blows.  Good Luck.

BD                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Walleyehawger

Thanks very much for the info!  We got into some good fish today just off 9 mile in 10' of water.  Most of the fish seemed to be in the 10' area.  Put some real nice fish in the boat on jerkbaits today.  Had some motor trouble that put us off the water alot sooner than we expected.  We maaged to sort out the problem and will most likelly be at it again tomorrow.

Morry

ANY MORE INFO ON THE COMMENTS YOU MADE ABOUT BREST BAY?  iIFISHED THEIR TODAY FOR A WHILE AFTER WALLEYE FISHING AND DID NOT GET ANY BITES IN 6-10 FEET ON EITHER A TUBE OR A CRANKBAIT. THANKS,  MORRY

Skulley

Morry, try 12 to 14 feet.  That is where I have been getting them.  Lots of 4lbers. 

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassassasin88

Fished St Clair on friday. Awesome. Are best 5 was at least 21 pounds. Mile roads. PM if you want specifics. Also, I would like to thank the guys from Indiana that gave me a jump. My lights were left on and my trucks battery was dead. Theres still a few decent people in this world.

Firefighter Jeff

See, us Hoosiers aren't so bad.  lolol  Jeff  Mishawaka, Indiana

Morry

Thanks much for the info on Brest Bay Big Dog.  I'll try it and post my results soon.  Morry

bassassasin88

Was it you that helped me? I love Indiana now.