Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

**VOTE: Jon Bondy & D&R Sports on Bassfan

Started by blakstr1, March 24, 2006, 07:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

(from www.bassfan.com )

Bondy's link to KVD 3/24/2006

Bassmaster Elite Series angler Jon Bondy's wrap features D&R Sports Center, a boat, tackle and hunting store in Kalamazoo, Mich. The store is owned by Kevin VanDam's brother, Randy.

"I'm excited about promoting the bass-boat capitol of the north," he said. "Randy wanted me to put 'KVD Who?' somewhere on the boat, but I didn't have the guts."

He's fortunate that both the boat and his tow-vehicle aren't on a scrap heap.

"I almost lost my entire rig the day after having it wrapped," he said. "I got into a snowstorm on I-65 and stalled out across all three lanes after doing a complete (360-degree spin) with the boat and truck."

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

raisinrat

Jons a good guy but I would have put KVD who? on my boat you would get some looks and maybe some TV time.  ;DHey Jon if you read this thanks for your help earlier in the year and good luck.
Justin Clark

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 24, 2006, 07:03:46 AM
"Randy wanted me to put 'KVD Who?' somewhere on the boat, but I didn't have the guts."

That would have been hilarious...

On a semi-related note, has anyone found a website or other resource that shows each of the pros' boat wraps?
Jeff

djkimmel

I thought I read that BassFan was printing a copy of each picture they received of the wrapped boats...? That's all I've seen as far as an organized attempt to show them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

Looked around a little and only found this
That?s a wrap
One of the new features of the CITGO Bassmaster Elite Series is that anglers are required to run a boat design. A boat design, or wrap, is a large vinyl decal that is applied to the boats, most often showing off an angler?s sponsor logos or trademarks.

The first launch at Lake Amistad last week generated a lot of buzz among fans and media attending the Battle on the Border presented by Mercury Marine, and some media members offered up their opinions on some of the flashiest wraps.

Here are the unofficial results of an entirely unscientific media poll on the best designed boats:

1. Kevin Wirth?s Early Times design ? It?s appropriate that a Kentucky pro who is a former Kentucky Derby jockey is running a boat wrapped in the Early Times color scheme, a rich brown (not unlike the whiskey itself) with a superimposed map of Kentucky featured in the design.

2. Stephen Browning?s Mercury Marine design ? Unlike some of his colleagues with Mercury designs, Browning took the concept beyond the simple Mercury logo. His wrap is bright green with a fish scale pattern that almost gives the Triton a three-dimensional look. It almost looks like a giant bass out there on the water.

3. Charlie Hartley?s Venom design ? Like Browning?s fish-scale design, Hartley?s wrap features an intricate design. But instead of a fish, it?s a snake-scale pattern. In bright letters is the Venom logo, which stands out in a crowd.

4. Mike Iaconelli?s Toyota design ? Ike isn?t the only pro on the Elite Series circuit with a Toyota wrap, but his boat is the only one that has shark teeth on the bow, a la the Flying Tigers airplanes from World War II.

5. Ish Monroe?s Lowrance design ? The blue and silver color scheme features the color image from a real Lowrance depthfinder.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Kill two birds with one stone! BASS is putting up a few wrap boat pictures each week for the next few weeks so you can see pictures of them all eventually AND they are having a vote (A through B this week) and the final top choice wins $10K according to Jon Bondy.

Go to http://www.bassmaster.com/boat to vote for Jon this week only to start (by April 3).

Go here to see a gallery of all of them now: http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/elite/news/story?page=b_sweeps_hottest_rig_boats_ab

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

I voted!

Looks like john is currently in 5th place and has a long way to go to catch up to Biffle.  Every vote counts so take 2 minutes and help brother Bondy out.

PoorBoy himself :-\'