Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Could sure use some prayers

Started by spinninbug, April 22, 2009, 02:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

Last Saturday,  was a beautiful day outside,  Sami and I decided we would go for a horseback ride,  then come back and go to our house for Easter dinner with our whole family.  Terry was at their house working on our car,  then he was supposed to go home and clean up the house a bit for our dinner.  Well for some reason he stayed and just hung around,  Thank God he did.  Sami and her husband Mike are our adopted kids,  their twins are our grandkids.   We got back from our ride and took all the kids for their rides around the yard,  Pa (Terry) as Mike and Sami call him was in the house watching the race.  Mike told me to go get him,  because him and Sami were going to race the horses.  Now this is something they have done a hundred times if not more.  We had been joking since I got my new horse that she was faster than Sami's horse and they decided to find out.  So I went and got Terry.  A nice day turned really bad really fast.  Thankfully there was only one of the little kids outside and my 13 year old nephew was sitting on his horse watching,  Sami's horse wouldn't stop and was running right at Terry and I,  we were standing behind a hitching post made of 4x4's.  Well the horse turned suddenly and Sami couldn't hang on,  she fell off and hit her face and head on the hitching post.  She landed right at Terry's feet,  and I was standing about 2 feet away,  he dropped to his feet and I was on the phone to 911 imediately.  He worked on her and kept her alive until the fire department got there.  My nephew bless his heart,  caught all the horses and put them in and then grabbed Keegan (the 5 year old grandson) and took him in the house with the other kids and took them all upstairs and kept them away from the windows.  They flew Sami to Grand Rapids,  but there was really nothing they could do,  we lost her on Tuesday.   I have never in my life felt pain like this before.  She left behind a husband and 6 year old twins.  So I would like to ask for some prayers for her family and for my husband,  we are both not sleeping and are having flashbacks,  my husband is also having nightmares when he does finally get some sleep.  Also for all the little ones that Sami touched with her heart,  she was a great young woman and was loved by many.  She had the biggest zest for living life to the fullest,  and she did.

Thanks in advance for any and all prayers.

Wendy
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

SethV

Wow, don't know what to say!  Praying for you and family.   :'(

McCarter

Prayers sent.  Hang in there.

McCarter himself :-\'

Cheetam

Wendy- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  
Jeff

TCook

Thats a tragedy, I hope you and you family can find the strength to get through this.  :'(
FISH HARD!!!

Wolf_fisherman

Hang in there Wendy my familys thoughts and prayers r with u all
Carpe Diem

motocross269

My prayers go out to the family.....

I grew up without a mother and I thank god that I had such a great Dad, Grandparents and family to raise my brother and I the best that they could...
I pray that those twins will be as blessed as I was...

fiker

I am so sorry for your loss.  Reading your story has left me at a loss for words.

I will pray for you all. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

MadWags

Know that God is at your side in this time of need.
He wanted her to come home.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Chewy

Prayers for you and your family and may the Lord watch over and bless the twins.

Firefighter Jeff

Wendy,  As stated in our emails, we continue to have you Terry and your adopted family in our prayers.    Jeff

Fishmael

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Having been around horses and livestock quite a bit, I know just how quickly a good day can go bad.  I will continue to pray for their family and yours as well as the twins, as they just won't understand for a very long, hard time.  May God draw close to you all and provide his comfort and peace that is beyond our understanding.

spinninbug

Thank you each and every one of you for the thoughts and prayers. 

The twins are doing ok right now,  I'm not sure it has really hit them totally yet.  But they will always have family to support them.  We have been with them everyday,  we have dinner together every night.  The twins are a boy and a girl,  Brody and Abby,  Abby is very much a girly girl,  although there is some tomboy in there too,  she's not afraid to go out and get dirty with the boys.  However,  Dad needs some help learning how to do hair and dress her like a girl...lol  He will get there,  but he is doing his very best right now,  he needs work on taking rubber bands out so it doesn't hurt!

Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts.

Wendy
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

REEL_MAN

I don't know what to say, your account of the accident, I can't imagine lose so great happening before your eyes. I pray that God lifts, guides and protects your family.

Dave
<))))>{

joshimoto son

Wendy,
I wished you would have called me. Cliff just told me he just read about it. Between being gone and work, I have not been on the board.
I'm so sorry babe.
I'll be thinking about you and Terry.

I love you guys.

Josh

djkimmel

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Prayers and thoughts out to all of you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

Just an update: 

We have some little ones that I'm very worried about right now.  There are the twins that are 6 and a 5 year old an 8 year old and a 13 year old.  Our church is paying for 4 or 5 of these kids to go to a camp in June that will help them,  I have been very busy trying to get this accomplished.  My one grandson saw the accident and he's having the hardest time right now.  We have him in counseling and his first session was yesterday and it really upset us when we found out what is going through this little boy's head.  But we were told he's doing ok,  he is just at the age where he doesn't know how to talk about his grief, so he drew pictures that let us know.  It is a very difficult thing to go through for an adult let alone a young child.  But we are trying to do everything we can to get them all the help they need. 

I just wanted to let you all know your prayers and thoughts are very appriciated.  And let you all know we are doing alright and getting through one day at a time. 

Also I'm so thankful to live in a small community that has been so wonderful to all of us.  The support we have received has been unexplainable.  From churches to vet's and farriers and people we don't even know.  I have only cooked once in two weeks and it seems strange to have to think about it now. 

We got out on the lake for the first time on Sunday even though the weather was awful,  it felt good for all of us to get out there.  We took Sami's husband and my nephew with us.  Even though Terry caught all the fish and didn't let us catch anything it was good to get out there.  It did Terry wonders to get out. 

So I just wanted to update you guys and thank you again for the thoughts and all the prayers.

Wendy
Wendy

Wolf_fisherman

Just take it one day at a time Wendy,it will be rough for a while but even in my faith time will heal all no matter how long it takes. If you need anything at all just let us know and I know we will all pull together as a family and help pull you guys through.

Rob(Wolf)
Carpe Diem

Revtro

I can't begin to express my sorrow for this awful tragedy.  Please know that we will all be praying for you and everyone affected by this.  If there is anything else I or we can do during this time, please ask. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

SODY

Praying and praying some more.