Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anchor bay 5-3

Started by csfishslayer, May 03, 2009, 06:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csfishslayer

Anchor bay 5-3
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

csfishslayer

fished anchor bay from 7:30- 2:30. Fishing was slow but picked up as it warmed up. caught some nice fish better size then the mile roads. FYI my truck was broke into at the launch. The police told me they have been having a problem at a few of the boat ramps in the anchor bay area with break In's. Pics above from the last few days.

Skulley

Did you launch out of the Selfridge launch???   ???   It's ashame when things like this happen.  Nothing is safe anymore.  What do you think it was that made the thieves want to hit your vehicle and not anyone elses???    ???   Curious I guess.  There is always something that triggers a thief.  Was it something that was visible in your vehicle???    ???    I guess they weren't bassfisherman.  I had my fire extinguisher and throw cushon stolen out of my boat last year at Harley while I was getting my fish weighed during a tournament.  Sorry to hear about your bad luck.   :'(

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassfan586

second fish was caught just south of fords cove.  9 mile tower in background.
Got one!

Skulley

Yeah, I just noticed that when I clicked on the picture. 

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

csfishslayer

yes to second fish that was yesterday. Top fish was caught in the new baltimore area. And to answer your ? UAW, yes I did launch at selfridge. I have a conversation Van, they took The Tv from the Center council, they started to take the radio but they could not get it out. They pried the third window open and opened the door. Well at least I caught some fish or else it would have been a real bad day. I will post some other pic soon. Im not real comp smart so I have to get the wife to help put them up. I Spent the last few days Running around the lake Checking things out. It's pretty Milky no matter where you go but the Bite has not been effected that much. It seems to me the south end of the lake From 11 mile south has the Numbers But not really much size. From metro down to 12 mile the size, it's a mixed batch some small some big, & the the fishing seems to be a little slower. I went out by the muscamoot, if thats how you spell it, yesterday morning.  The water was pretty dark not really much going on there, Caught a few fish in the rocks in front of the light house in the mouth of the bay. IMO the best fishing for Number is from windmill point up to 11 mile not really much sizes. The big fish seem to be in anchor bay but the bite is much slower. On my way out yesterday I fished the canals of metro, Tons of bucket mouths in there with a mix on size they are stacked up pretty good on the sea walls, not really holding to the docks or wood pilings. Im going to fish metro in the morning with an east wind blowing into night. I figured I would spend some time large mouth fishing.

Lake temps
Mile roads Depending on depth 49 - 56 Fish size Mixed 3lb avg IMO
9 mile to windmill point  46- 54 Fish size running 2-3 lb avg IMO
Anchor Bay 42-58 3.5- 4 lb avg with 5+ possible IMO
The south channel area 42- 56 Not enough fish to avg IMO
Metro Canals 50- 58 large mouth 3lb avg IMO 

Uaw we should meet out on the lake some time. I will call you maybe we can set something up.

Skulley

I am game for meeting up sometime csfishslayer.  But right now I have to get the trim fixed on the boat.  It puked on Saturday.  Can't get the motor raised or lowered to get on plane.  I don't know how long it is going to take to fix once it is in the shop.  Hopefully I will be able to get it in by Wednesday and have it back in a week.  Busy time of year for shop owners.

BD        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

csfishslayer

It looks like I might be down for and out for a min. Went out today ended up stuck boat would not start changed battery's still nothing I thing the starter is shot all it wants to do is click. what a long day that was used the trolling motor to get me back to metro from the mile roads. I hate pleasure boaters  :( This guy pulled up and ask if Im all right I say no motor won't start asked if he could give me a tow and he said NO. Im like why would you stop then. after 4 hr on 5 with the trolling motor an 2 battery's later I made it back. I did manage to catch a few large mouth on my way up the canal.

bassfan586

That sucks :(  I always ask if someone needs a tow.  unless its a tuna boat that just waked me.
Got one!

Skulley

Doesn't that take the cake.  Pulls up and asks if everythings alright.  You ask for a tow and the jerk says no.  I never ever deny a boater in need of help merely because I may be the one who needs help someday.  That guy will get his someday.  My boat is going in tonight for the trim motor work.  Hopefully it will be back out by next week sometime.

BD         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

I would have asked the guy why he asked.  He taking a survey???  lolol  I thought I might be towing a boat by the mile roads Friday.  I was waved over by a boat right before I moved to another spot.  Their fairly new battery was dead and wouldn't turn over the big motor.  I asked if they thought it would start if I gave them a jump.  They said "Do you have cables?"  Der  lolol  Maybe they had talked to the same pleasure boater before they flagged me down  lolol  Anyway, hooked it up to my cranking battery and she started right up.

csfishslayer

I had some choice words with him. I said the same thing why stop if your not willing to help.