Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Mile Rd launches

Started by Team houston, April 27, 2009, 09:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team houston

Can anybody give me the addresses or good directions to the mile road launches. Not the Crocker one or St Jeans. Just the ones between 9mile and 12mile thanks.

huston

Fishbones Restaurant is on 9 & Jefferson. The road to the left of it leads down to the launch. At Blossom Heath & Jefferson, (just south of 10 mile), there is another launch. Drive down Blossom Heath. I hear at 11 and Jefferson in back of the Library, there is another launch. The cost is 10 dollars i think for them all. 9 and jefferson is a long walk to the truck from the launch. Blossom Heath is a ride on the water thru a few marinas after you launch. All of them are perfect for fishing the mile roads or over to peche island. Looks like we will only have Wednesday.

Skulley

I launch at the one behind the public library at 11 and Jefferson.  It is a St. Clair Shores City launch and they usually will not let you launch unless you are a resident.  My cousin lives right on that canal and that is why I can launch there.  Same last name.....plus they have gotten to know me over the last few years.  Blossom Heath is also a St. Clair Shores City launch but they do let non-residents launch there.   The fees for both launches are $10.  If you are going to fish south of the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club, St. Jeans is your best bet.  If you are going to fish around Peche Island, St. Jeans is your best bet.  I know you said you didn't want to know about St. Jeans but depending on the area you plan to fish for the day, then you would want to fish as close to the launch as possible.  I tend to launch at Harley when fishing Anchor Bay or even the St. Clair River.  If you would like more info please don't hesitate to ask. 

Oh yeah, Crocker Street is a shallow launch however the water is up a good 38 inches from last year.  Saturday's hard west wind dropped the water 6 to 10 inches.  Sunday it was back up as the wind in the morning was out of the northeast and then died and came out of the east.  Fishing was fair to midland.  Lots of boats out when the weather changed for the better.  The hard northeast wind blew the fog in and as the day wore on the sun burned off the fog and the remainder or the day was absolutely gorgeous.  I launched Sunday at the 11 mile and Jefferson launch. 

BD                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Team houston

Thank you both for the info. 38 inches? is that a typo?

Skulley

No, it is not a typo.  The water level on the Great Lakes does fluctuate.  Depending mostly on the wind of course.  The water level indicators on the NOAA Website at certain weather stations has shown an increase of 38 inches from last year.  In the last two weeks the water level on Erie dropped right down to the low water displacement measurement.  This number is the level at which all marked channels on the Great Lakes are navigatible.  A day later it was back up about 38 to 45 inches and then back down a little again and then back up and so on and so forth.  I watch this number especially during what I call Hot Pond season.  The canal at 11 mile road was 3 feet deep last year.  This year it is 5 to 6 feet deep and mostly closer to 6.  The water is actually touching the water level marker where as last year at this same time is was about 12 inches below where the marker even started.  It equates to about 38 to 42 inches according to the launch  attendant who has been working there as long as I have been going there.

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

I launched out of the one with the LONG walk back to the parking lot.  Is that 9 mile??  Anyway, I didn't realize you had to be a resident.  I had gone there before with my brother and another friend and had no problem getting in to launch.  It was during the week, not sure if that made any difference.  Only a couple cars in the parking lot on a threatening weather day last May.  It was $10 bucks to launch.    Jeff

Team houston

What time does the one on Blossom Heath open in the morning?

t-bone

I launched at the 9 mile launch by Fishbones over last weekend. It does have a long walk to get your trailer. They did not ask about being a resident but my buddy was yucking it up with the guy at the booth. It was $10.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Wolf_fisherman

Blossom heath launch is open 24/7 you just have to catch up with the gate guard to pay the $10 when you trailer out. And the 9 mile launch you dont have to be a resident to launch. The one old guy there is a pain in the butt half the time. But the other guards are pretty good. b.s. with em for a cpl minutes and hand over the $10 and u r good to go.
Carpe Diem

Big Dog

For those who are unaware, the 9 Mile ramp is open to everyone. Those you live in SCS or Eastpointe have the option to purchase an annual permit for $60.00. Mine has paid for itself already.