Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Please join in for Karu Lures Rudy Albrecht

Started by joshimoto son, March 17, 2009, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshimoto son

Frankie Albrecht, son of Karu Lures co-owner Rudy Albrecht, passed away Sunday March 15th.
Frankie had been battling brain cancer for over a year.
Talking with with Rudy, the last few months of his life was something no human being should have to endure.
Frankie was 28 and leaves behind his one year old child and family.

Please join me:

"Dear Lord,
I pray that you look over Rudy and his family while they morn the loss of their loved one.
Bless them with peace, in knowing that Frankie is no longer suffering.
Please let them remember the good times they have shared, that God has a plan for everyone
and that you help mend their hearts quickly."

djkimmel

I've been praying for them for some time and was concerned that I had not heard anything recently. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Buckeye

I'm sorry to hear of Frank's passing.  I knew Rudy from another site, and wish he and his family peace in this time of loss.

Godspeed Frank....

Eric

Skulley

What kind of brain cancer did Frankie have???  My Father died in 1998 from a brain cancer called Glio Blastoma.  Fatal to anyone who gets it.  I will pray for anyone who contacts this fatal disease.  I am saddened that we have lost another angler and friend to cancer.

There is a support group for survivors of Glio.  Rudy can contact me by PM for any further information if he would like.  The group is called Survivors of Glio.  It is a large network of people from all over the United States that have had loved ones who have suffered from this fatal brain cancer.  There have been a lot of famous people who have contacted this cancer.  Gene Siskel of the Chicago Sun Times died of Glio shortly after my Dad.  He was a movie reviewer and used to be on that show "At the Movies with Siskel and Ebert".  There is another on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of him right now.  I will have to ask my Mom who some of the others are.

God Bless the KaRu Lure Family.  May God keep you and hold you close to His heart.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Wolf_fisherman

My thoughts and prays are with the Karu Family

Carpe Diem

joshimoto son

BD,

I never thought to ask. I know that they have had some major ups and downs. For a while the only thing left to try was the experimental stuff and at one point Franky was in complete remission. Then it just came back with a vengiance.
I haven't been able to get a hold of Rudy since, I've sent him a couple of emails, and I feel like I should give him some more time before I just go calling him.

Josh

Skulley

Josh, my Dad went into complete remission also......and it wasn't even a remission per say.  It was that they hit it directly with radiation which formed a hard case around the cancer and stopped it from growing.  But at that point the Doctors said that it would not make it go away unless they operated.  My Dad was 78 years old at the time and if the cancer would not have killed him the operation would have.  So either way, with Glio Blastoma, there was no chance.  A younger person would have had a chance because younger people are more resiliant.  However, the Doctors said he was probably born with it and that all of a sudden something set off its growth. 

I would agree to give him some time.  He needs to get his head together.  Something like this is devastating.  I know I was devastated when they told me he was going to go sooner or later.  Eventually you will have to go calling.  He will eventually want to talk about it.  It is a hard thing to lose a loved one to this type of cancer or any cancer for that matter.  Give him as much time as he needs.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com