Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Midwest Sportsman Mich Div 20 (Huron Valley)

Started by ebond, April 10, 2009, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark117

you better just stop, you're scaring the kids?  I'm thinking about maybe skippin this one... let chris win it by himself?  He's a very good deep structure fisherman.  At ford i didn't catch a keeper and josh did? last night at kent i lost my mojo and josh won't let it go?? he said he doesn't need me to win? he had the tourney won in the first 30 min.? He said I was talking to much and was very distracting? Hum?   Focus kid!

is there a spell check in this system? I can't spell...

josh617

Quote from: Mark117 on July 09, 2009, 12:28:41 AM
He said I was talking to much and was very distracting? Hum?   Focus kid! is there a spell check in this system? I can't spell...
everyone knows its impossible to block jezierski's voice out....i m only human.

dartag

so what happened.  us " non-fishermen " need details.

McCarter

it was brutal.  that lake fishes very tough.  the same guys won again.  they had 5 for 10+ lbs.  Ron Foley from South Street Tackle took 2nd with 4 for 6 lbs and Kev and I had 3rd with 2 fish for 2.6 lbs.

two boats weighed 1 fish and 3 boats zeroed i think. 

eric should have the full results posted soon.

Ford Lake is about the toughest lake i have ever fished.  We probably caught 60 fish in 8 hours but only 2 were keepers.  I have never had so many bites in a tournament. They were eating the DS really good both the Nemesis Goby and the Gulp Goby and also Berkley 3" Fry Worm.  And we caught a bunch of fish on jigs as well.  We gave the bump board a good workout but only got 2 to squeak past the 14" line.  Hope Belleville is better to us in 2 weeks.  My wife is getting a little impatient waiting for me to bring home the bacon.

McCarter himself :-\'

ebond

Results will normally be posted here at GreatLakesBass.com by Monday after each event. The membership fee will be waived for new teams wanting to enter any of the next three events. We hope more teams will join us and invite some friends and rivals to compete for a nice payout. 8)

Eric_Bond

Tournament Director
Michigan Division 20
Midwest Sportsman

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com

Schedule/Details/Results/Standings (click to view)

LipRip

I fished Ford Lake the week before the tourny (first time on the lake) and caught a bunch of 12 and 13 inch fish, but wasnt able to locate anything with any size. I would have been at the tourny but my fishin parter cancel on me at 11pm on saturday. Where abouts were you guys catching these keepers, if you dont mind me asking?

Bender

Consider yourself lucky. All our keepers come from other lakes, we didn't have anything to weigh in there. I won't be going back to Ford, even nicked my prop to throw a little salt on the wound.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

ebond

Non-members competing in the final three qualifying events will not be earning points in the division standings. Otherwise, fewer points would be available to members attempting to qualify for the classic. Members will earn points based on the place they finish compared to other members.

Lets see a big turnout and big cash prizes for the top anglers. I expect the members to hold their own against any local experts. Just like the first three events, the competition should be tough, and the winners will earn their victories and a nice payout. 8)

ebond

Thanks to the new teams for competing at Belleville Lake. Now that the membership fee has been waived, turnouts will be up. We hope even more new teams will be at our next tournament on Kent Lake on Sunday, August 16. Have a look at the nice payouts in the results link below and make your plans to attend. 8)

Eric_Bond

Tournament Director
Michigan Division 20
Midwest Sportsman

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com

ebond

As expected, we had our best turnout of the year at Kent Lake. The bass fishing was impressive and the payouts were tremendous, as you can see by clicking the link below. Thanks to the new non-member teams for participating, and especially thanks to members of other Midwest Sportsman divisions in our area for their support.

Special thanks to Midwest Sportsman Division 12 Director Dave Wilson for his help. Please consider entering his events at Lobdell Lake August 22 and Kent Lake August 29. He can be reached at 734-476-1385 for more details. We expect another solid turnout at our next Huron Valley tournament on Portage Lake on Sunday, September 6. 8)

Eric_Bond
Tournament Director
Huron Valley Bass

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com

ebond

Portage Lake provided lots of keeper bass as expected, resulting in a tight race for a finish in the money. Thanks to the dedicated anglers for participating on a holiday weekend that featured beautiful weather and heavy boat traffic. Special thanks to Jon Jezierski for assisting with the weigh-in.

Congratulations to Jesse Scott and Gary Bucciarelli for winning the Team of the Year Award. The competition was strong at every event, yet they proved to be the team to beat from day one. Click on the link below for more details.

Thanks again to all the anglers who made this new Midwest Sportsman division a success this year. Seven teams have qualified for the Classic on Wixom Lake next month. Good luck to every team competing for a share of the $10,000 prize purse! 8)

Eric_Bond
Tournament Director
Huron Valley Bass

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com

ebond

I have just received complete details regarding the Midwest Sportsman Classic. It will be held at Wixom Lake on Saturday, October 17, 2009. Registration will begin at 5:30 AM at the Wixom Lake West Boating Access Site. The tournament will last from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM.

The entry fee is $100 per team, payable in cash only. Approximately $1500 of additional money will be added from the classic fund to the total payout. Substitutions are allowed for qualifying anglers within the same division. Congratulations to these teams/anglers from division 20 who qualified for the classic:

J Scott/ G Bucciarelli
E Bond/ G Shively
B McCarter/ K Barrows   
K Budnick/ M Budnick   
C Harrison/ J Jezierski   
T Yancey/ J Hajduk   
S Shiklanian/ M Whear
S Ford/ C Shannon

Please contact tournament director Kelly Warner at 517-568-7136 for more information. Thanks again for supporting division 20 of Midwest Sportsman. 8)

Eric_Bond

Tournament Director
Michigan Division 20
Midwest Sportsman

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com