Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Midwest Sportsman Mich Div 20 (Huron Valley)

Started by ebond, April 10, 2009, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

He said he would be at Kent.  He will drop the hammer on you and Grant, but me and Kev will prevail victorious and will be calling all the other teams all sorts of mean names.  And maybe even throwing used Nemesis Sickos at you guys as we walk back to the boat as the true Kent Lake Champions.

McCarter himself :-\'

squid

Oh God, I am so glad I do not fish with you guys....My shorts don't go that high.....deep caca...very deep!!!!! ;D

McCarter

Steve if you think this is bad you should see us at the ramp ;D

In all seriousness tho, we all know each other and are just having fun with it.  its cool fishing a trail where you know everyone else.  Never done that before.  At the Belleville tournament there were literally only 3 guys i didnt know well enough to call one of my friends, i met 2 of them but the other guys was busy prepping the boat and then they didnt come to weigh in.  so, i made 2 new friends and look forward to making a few more at Kent.  You should come check it out.  I will bring you a Mt Dew!

squid

If I lived closer, I would come out and fish with ya.  I really could use that DEW right now....lol

bigjc

Quote from: McCarter on June 16, 2009, 10:40:12 PMso, i made 2 new friends and look forward to making a few more at Kent. 

I am going to be at the Kent lake tourney and I will be your friend

Lightningboy

Quote from: ebond on June 17, 2009, 05:50:24 PM
Creepy... 8)

Only thing creepy here is you Eric.  LOL

Just messing with you guy.  Been a long day, had to go to an out of town funeral.  Been tipping a few.

(didjaeverthinkaboutwashingthattub?)

Mark117

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH, BLAH! all I can say is I feel sorry for you Grant??? Been there and done that.

Congrats to Eric and Jeff on their big win at the KENT LAKE OPEN. I'm proud of myself for not showing Grant all of Eric's spots. Eric can get mean if you show up on HIS kent uninvited.
Thanks Grant for your many days of practice and help on kent, with a top 5 finish. Not bad for a couple of rookies.

Oh ya, sorry, i thought all of the midwest sportsman tourneys were on Kent? my bad. Just thinking that if Eric has a chance to win, they would all be on KENT?

Eric, stay out of my reeds!!  Thanks

MaizeNBlue

I'd like to thank all the teams that showed up on Belleville. Congrats to Jess and Gary. Ironic that the guys that didn't do any smack talk won, go figure. It was great seeing some new faces and some old ones. Lots of good sticks were there. It's great that we all can talk some smack then go fish, then watch McCarter limp home. There should be a replay at Kent. I'm really looking forward to fishing Kent, with so many of us considering Kent our home lake, should be real interesting, if nothing else, the ramp talk will be amusing.

Steve all this talk is the G version, should hear us in the boat, just fun fishing!

ebond

Everybody give Jon a hand for putting up with me and not writing a memoir! He and Grant are rookies on Kent like Bobby Lane was a rookie in the Elite Series last year...NOT! That would make Jeff Cox my rookie partner, too. These rookies are pretty good bass fishermen.

I am just lucky because Kent Lake is close to me and full of bass. I expect the home lake jinx to be in full force for all of us. McCarter is clearly the guy who spends more time on Kent than any of us, so he must be the favorite. Maybe it will be Lightningboy (and Jr) who comes from afar to put the beatdown on everybody.

Any team can catch 15 lbs on Kent on a good day. The fishing is unpredictable and the outcome is anybody's guess. So lets see some new faces at the ramp Tuesday evening and again Sunday morning for the big prize. The late postspawn transition is underway. Good luck out there! 8)

squid

Oh I am sure it is more than "G Version" on the water...lol.  My teammate and I talk smack to each other ALL the time.  WE SUCK!!...plain and simple, but we do win some here and there.  Just never when there is bigger money on the table.....darn it!! 

I am still waiting on that DEW.  You bringing it to the DRO tomorrow?  I will need it when I am checking boats in....lol

McCarter

I dont spend as much time out there as u guys think.  I used to.  Its anybodys ball game out there.  If u can find the right school of fish out there its lights out.  It will be a good tournament.

ebond

Golden Drake Outdoors has our fliers for interested anglers in the Pinckney area. They are located on McGregor Rd near the Portage Lake Boating Access Site. You can visit their website or store to discover their unique array of outdoor gear and excellent service. 8)

LipRip

The guy at the golden drake is a pretty good guy, and he actually carries quite a few baits for how small the shop is.

Ahhh Belleville lake, I had a good time at the tourny although all I caught was multiple 13.50" smallmouth and a snake skin (yes......a used snake skin!....cut line immediately!) Hopefully we'll do better at kent, see you guys there.

SFord

ebond

Grant and I abandoned the smallies after 2 hours due to a slow bite and small fish. The top 2 places had all largies. We had several teams that weren't able to be there, so this Sunday should be a much better turnout. So far there are over 10 teams planning to show up. Here is a sample payout for what we hope is our average turnout for the rest of the year:

Sample Payout, 13 Teams, Entries Total $1300:

Place Team Weight Points CA$H
1st J Scott/ G Bucciarelli
2nd E Bond/ G Shively
3rd K Budnick/ M Budnick
BB J Scott/ G Bucciarelli
91% Total Payout
$

Schedule/Details/Results/Standings (click to view)

Eric_Bond

Tournament Director
Michigan Division 20
Midwest Sportsman

248-629-6370
erdobo70@yahoo.com

squid

I see you finished just outside the money on Saturday. 

ebond

The DRO?! I might have caught 17 to 17 1/2 lbs if things went well. My target weight is 20 lbs or more for that event, but it wasn't likely this year. I need to find some new fish.

Tell your buddies at NBAA to raise the entry to at least $200 and guarantee at least $7500 for 1st place. We will get 150 boats or more next year if they do. You guys did a nice job this year. Thanks. 8)

squid

I will do that.  I am glad to see that you got out of the water ok too.  I was hoping someone would help you with that.

ebond

Our 2nd tournament of the year will be on Kent Lake at the East ramp this Sunday. Be there from 6:00-6:45 AM to register. The fish have been hard to pattern lately, but over 10lbs for 3 fish won Tuesday night. A big bag and a big fish will be needed to win. See you there! 8)

Mark117

sorry we missed the first event?  chris and I didn't make the first event because i didn't want to share my fish with eric. 
see you at kent for the T.K.O.  yes I said it, we will win!
so there, deal with it champ! hope your scales can handle our 20 lb bag?
I just hope more than 10 boats show up, because I really need the $$$$$$$???   

Chris has been out all week and figured out a little something...
its called a ton of confidence.

something the "VITAMIN MAN" needs to work on after may 31st...

Good luck boys...