Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Maxinkuckee ??? Memorial Day weekend

Started by Fish Whip Guy, March 26, 2009, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish Whip Guy

Hey guys I am new to this site. I noticed some of you know Maxinkuckee quite well. I will be fishing an AYA tourny there Memorial day weekend with my son & neice. I have never been to this lake. I am more of a walleye angler than bass but, I was wondering if you could give some tips on where to get started, depth, baits, structure type, ect. I am not asking for peoples hot spots, just general info. Thanks for your help!

skeeterman190

I will give you all the info you want in about 3 weeks. Ill pm it to you. wont post on here. memorial day huh? your gonna have to let me think about that and see what happens with theses fish. Id love nothing better than to give you info for you to take kids out there fishing and have a blast.. do you have a GPS?? if so i can give you some points.-skeeterman- ill keep you posted.
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Fish Whip Guy

Thanks for the help skeeterman! I do have a g.p.s. in the boat (Lowrance 520c) and a magellen hand held that I keep on the bow. My son caught his first bass of the season sat. on the new bait casting rig he got for his birthday. He is pumped!

skeeterman190

That is awesome. We need more kids to have that in their lives and experience that. I cant thank my dad enough for what he introduced me too in life, we always went fishing but it was nothing close to the way i go fishing now. ill never forget those trips. and ill never forget any tourney in my life that i fish with my dad. I dont know of a prouder moment in my life then last year when i fished a tourney on Muskegon with my Dad. We won the tourney. I was bummed before the weigh in. I just didnt think we had enough. ive fished there so much i just knew it was gonna take more. He kept sayin hey you know this water as well as anyone here and if thats the best you could come up with it'll be darn close. We won made a champonship and this might even be better. We prefished for 2 days and we didnt catch much i caught a handful of 3-4lbers but nothing on a solid pattern."Pops" didnt touch a scale in 2 days.. and we always like too give a good ribbing to each other.(hes the best @ it) but i say hey you gonna catch one this weekend or what?? the reply is priceless and true. Havent found one big enough to make me happy.. well long story short half way through tourney day pops say got one its a toad..it was and took us to 4th in one of the biggest tourneys last year and made us proud
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com