Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kelloggsville Church League??

Started by Ranger93, January 07, 2009, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger93

Has anyone heard anything about a schedule or membership requirements for '09?
Ranger "Still building legends"

fasttrack

Here it is - hot off the press! I talked to Rich today. The church decided to disband the club which is too bad because they had a great thing going for many years. The good news is that Rich has met with Maury - the club's original founder who since left - and they are picking up the pieces and are going to continue the tourney's. The first one is on Hardy on May 30. The rest of the dates are not in concrete yet (but very close). Will generally be every other week again but there is one exception where he has to work around Kickin Bass. The lakes are the usual - Hardy, Muskegon, Grand, White but I don't know yet in what order. Membership will likely still be $25 and they are working on putting together discount cards/coupons again. Entry fees are going to bump up from $35 to $40 per team.

If you want to PM me your contact info I will be happy to send you updates as I get them. If I remember I will post them here too.

Marc
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Ranger93

Is it going to be associated with any club or tournament circuit?  As far as you know is Croton still in the mix.  I agree with you, it is a shame that Kelloggsville decided to disband the club.  Thanks for the info.
Ranger "Still building legends"

10-10 Bass Busters

I'm glad Rich is going to keep it going he does a good job.  I really enjoy fishing with this club. 

fasttrack

Maurey, who founded the Kville club, left the church and started Sportspersons Ministry International (something like that) where he goes around the country helping churches, schools, communities set up clubs like Kville. So that is the 'club/group' it will be associated with now. He has lots of connections - he's the one who got KVD to do seminars each year for the club (at an affordable price).

No Croton. Mostly because they are so difficult to deal with regarding launch permt for the event. He won't admit it, but I think its partly because Rich hasn't fared too well there in the last few. I'm disappointed because we smoked 'em there last year. Had a limit in 30 minutes and culled 2-3 limits. Just couldn't get the bigger ones to take first place but we did take home plaques and a nice paycheck. There will be two each of Hardy, Muskegon, Grand and one of White Lake. I wish we could fit some smaller lakes for variety and maybe to even the playing field a little more, but there are too many boats for other launches. I'd even like to see Hamlin or Cadillac/Mitchell or something but Rich doesn't want to travel that far. Oh well, it's his call and he does do a nice job overall - I just help him when I can with weigh-in, etc.

Ranger5Smallie

Any updates on the schedule?  Where are they launching at Hardy?  Will be up there that weekend and would like to fish with them.

fasttrack

Email Rich Hale at fishrich1968@hotmail.com and he can get you the details. Not knowing where you are from, I believe he also has some near the fishing counter at Gander Mountain in Grandville in the event you can stop in there.

bassdisaster

I dunno why they would say getting a permit for Croton is difficult??
I stopped in the CROTON TWP office, Met with the supervisor, filed the application, it cost $50 but a week later the permit for the Spring Fling Classic C&R tournament  on may 10th was in my mailbox! Although you do need to be there mon-wed 9-12 noon or theres no one there to help with such matters!
So that cant be why Croton was dropped lol!

BD