Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

KLBA 2009 Schedule

Started by McCarter, January 12, 2009, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

The KLBA is heading into its 3rd season in 09 and we are excited and anxious to get back to it.  Last year was a blast and this year promises to be even better.

As always we will fish out of the east boat launch of Kent Lake and times will be 5:00 pm blast off - 9:00 pm weigh in.  We leave at 5 sharp so be sure to get there early enough to pay the entry fee, get your wells checked, and launch your boat.

Here is our schedule.  All tournaments are on Tuesdays.

May 26

June 9

June 23

July 7

July 21

August 4

August 18

September 1

September 15

September 29

Then we start every Tuesday to finish up the year

October 6, 13, 20, and 27 and into November pending weather and turnout.  i think last year our last tournament was Nov 4th and we only had 3 boats so we ended it for the season.

And as always it will be $40 entry which included $10 Big Bass pot.  2 person team or individual event with 100% pay back at the ramp.  No membership fee.  3 fish limit of bass measuring at least 14" in length.  Blah, blah, blah....you guys know the drill. 

See you out there (in 5 monthes :'( )

McCarter himself :-\'

MBell

Are there off limits the day of the tournament?  I know I asked this last year but forgot.
-Matt

t-bone

Brian - what was the typical turnout like during the season last year? I'm pretty sure I'm going to fish some of these next year.

(I'm the guy that lives in Trails of Loon lake and stopped by your booth on Saturday for a chat and picked up some bait)

Terry Bone
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

Matt,

No off limits.  we are small and we are fishing for peanuts.  Of course there is a livewell check before the tournament but you could still go out there and fish that morning or afternoon before the tournament.  the penalty for cheating is death by repeated blows to the back of the head with big fish for that particular tournament.  Luckily we havent had to enforce it yet.

Terry,

Last year most of our tournaments were between 8 and 10 boats, we had a couple that were smaller and a couple that were bigger but we had good turnouts for most of them.  I tried to get Ol' Charlie out there last year for a couple but he could never make it.  maybe he can find more time this year.  If not, we usually have a couple guys who are looking for backseaters at the last minute.

jonnymcsavage

Sounds good to me. Hopefully some of you boaters are in need of a partner this year!

t-bone

Brian - Charlie said he is not going to umpire in the summer so it sounds like he might come out with me on Tuesdays. I also got a neighbor interested in coming out.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club

McCarter

Sounds good Terry, hope to see you guys out there this year.

And if it doesnt work out with Charlie or your neighbor, we might be able to hook you up with someone else.  We usually have some last minute guys who are looking for a partner.

SethV

I really want to make it out for these this year.  I have been wanting to get back into some weeknight events - I have not really fished weeknight tx's since we lived in NY.

Terry, maybe we can hit a couple of them together.

Brian - it would be cool to fish with you also since we are like 1/2 mile from each other.

Seth

Lightningboy

I'm tied up at Belleville thru September, but I think I can make it after that. 

I've been hearing too many stories about big bags at Kent lately, time to go check it out.

Besides, where else is a TX junkie gonna get a fix on a Tuesday in October?   ;D

Mark117

I am really looking forward to fishing the KLBA this year.  i was only able to make one of these last year and it was run very well and very fun to fish.  i seem to remember someone sneaking in late and still weighing fish which as it turned out cost me and my partner a check for 2nd place.  But it wasnt the fault of the directors as they were helping to pull boats out of the water and setting up the scale.  I will be back this year with a vengence to destroy any rule breakers where they stand.  And i will also smack them with my big fish of the tournament while i scream SHIP IT!!!!!  See ya on the water.   :-*

Jon Jezierski

t-bone

Seth - lets fish this a few times. I'm going to try to get there as often as I can. I'm going to try to fish Kent a lot this year. I've only fished about 10% of the lake, so I have lots to explore.

Terry
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club