Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Should we petition B.A.S.S. WEEKEND SERIES to return

Started by Skip Johnson, February 28, 2009, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you commit to fish it

YES BOATER
YES CO ANGLER

Skip Johnson

Id like to see how many of us tournament fisherman would commit to fish BWS if they returned and set up a equally divided michigan only trail that didnt conflict with the BFL.
By saying equally divided I mean both sides of the state and both smallies and largies.

I think the great lakes/michigan region has a ton of potential for B.A.S.S. WEEKEND SERIES if it was set up to be fair for both sides of the state.
Go Big or Go Home!

Durand Dan

I would most likely give it a try. I Probabily wouldn't fish the whole circuit, but I enjoy a pounding on by good anglers. ;D

MBell

I'd fish if they are still doing the $5,000 guranteed for first.  Without that $5,000 I wouldn't, I think this state is already spread too thin.  I wonder what that $5,000 would do for numbers in Michigan.
-Matt

djkimmel

To everyone: Lets keep this thread ONLY for those who do want to fish a Michigan BASS weekend series. If you don't want to fish it or have other issues to talk about regarding this topic, please start a different thread.

If there's enough interest on here, maybe we can do a follow-up poll about the preferred make-up of the schedule as far as East/West or SW with other states involved, etc.

Thank you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishstick

100% in as a boater as long as there is some variety!

jgip087

Like some others I would fish as long as the events are split east/west. St. Clair, Saginaw Bay for the east and Muskegon, Grand, White on the west. Burt/Mullet, Charlevoix are closer for Detroit guys than for me so I don't consider those any "west side" events. Split the tournaments equally and I am in. Heck even a Wawasee in the spring before we open our season would be pretty sweet.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

skeeterman190

Boater, sign me up as long as there is a split on tournament locations-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Eric

I would fish them as a boater.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

LGMOUTH

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Fishmael

I would definitely be in with a split schedule as well.  I would try to go as a boater, but with a new little one on the way, may have to do co-angler this year...

smbassman

Quote from: ebond on March 01, 2009, 09:35:42 AM
I nominate Phil Smathers for division director. 8)

Yep, that would pretty much guarantee success! 

I'll vote to show up as a boater as well since you did specify East & West split evenly.

TCook

I would fish it only if it was split evenly between the east and west, also would like to see an early tournament in northern indiana or northerm MI or how about both.
FISH HARD!!!

Fishmael

The early tournament would be best in N. IN, since early in MI is the last saturday in May...I just can't wait that long to fish, darn it!

Skip Johnson

NON BOATERS WHERE ARE YOU?

I could not think of a better way for a non boater or a novice to get out and fish and also learn a ton from some of the best guys in the sport, its only $100 for the non boater, in this economy that sure is a ton cheaper than having to own a boat.
Go Big or Go Home!

BigSmallie

If the lakes chosen are big with good fishing.........and the pay out is there........I would be willing to sign up as a boater.

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

jgip087

I think if we are serious again we need to make some sort of sheet that we who want this thing back can take to the tournaments we fish this summer and see who is willing to fish. We could expose the concept to a lot more anglers that way and post a final list with email addresses or phone numbers to BASS. We could then post the names only on the forum if we choose to use it but more names and a contact for them to make them legit seems like the best way to prove people want to fish.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

skeeterman190

John I think your right We as individuals that really want something in Michigan other then the big waters need to put something togather too bring this back. Im not a 100% sure but im sure you feeel the same way i do. we need a split on things. i mean we roll the same boat (if you still got the skeeter) and i just cant compete with that. i have the talent and mind set but im limited. im sure if i do them all i can make the regional. but its a hard one to shallow when u pretty much depend on the weather if your gonna get a check?-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com