Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS Fantasy Fishing!!!!

Started by Cy, February 16, 2009, 06:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

kvd-45, ike-15, duckett-1, roumbanis--3, lowen-18, pretty good Willie

thedude

looks like i only got 1 horse in this race.

looks like KVD almost pulled off the comeback.....
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

For most guys, if they didn't catch them on day one they did on two and vise versa.  Only a few had good catches both days.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

bassmandan

hats off to skeet i was pullin for him and evers for the win
"dont stop keep fishing"

yukonjack2

Kudos to skeet as well -

thumbs down to ESPN for what has to go down in history as the @#$$#$@#@#iest broadcast of the superbowl of fishing - I think day one broadcast was 90 minutes, and had no more than 5 minutes of actual fishing - no need to waste that much valuable time that you can't get back.  Also pretty shady to use this ESPN360 that most ISPs are not affiliated with?  Lets just say I am not pleased with the direction they are headed in terms of broadcatst TV for major fishing events.
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

cr

TCook

The online coverage was horrible, but what a battle between Ike and Skeet that was amazing! Good to see Skeet win, he fished one heck of a tournament. If that doesnt get you pumped up your in the wrong sport my friends.

T
FISH HARD!!!

McCarter

Day 3 coverage was good i thought.  Very dramatic.  I would like to point out that kim bain got more coverage than anyone i have ever seen in a classic.  It was sad that Mark Davis and Mike McLelland didnt get one lick of tv time, no doubt becuase they had to make more room for Kim.  I get that she is the first female to fish in the Classic and it is a big deal, but how are you going to completly ignore 2 guys who made huge moves and were in contention to win at least for a little while. 

Other than that, the first 2 days of coverage sucked...as usual.  Can you imagine if they only aired highlights of the super bowl during the actual super bowl?  Or just showed old clips and player interviews.  Gimme a break.  They need to have like a 4 way split screen thing goin on so you can watch 4 guys at once or something. 

McCarter himself :-\'

dartag

my mom would not let me stay up and watch.  i did record it though.
  i didn't like the way they threw all 5 fish on the floor of the boat and then culled.  i saw that a couple of times.  I think having Kim there got them more press than ever.  i even saw an update on her on CNN.  it was funny hearing some of the comments from the guys.
maybe KLBA should try that.  oh wait,   they have a Kim that beats the guys there too.  Lola was happy she caught some fish. 

t-bone

I completely agree with the comments on the TV coverage. Day 3 coverage was very good - Days 1 and 2 weren't very good and the web coverage is horrible. Trying to find information on ESPN.com sucks.

I actually found myself pulling for Ike. For some strange reason, I'm not a Skeet fan but he proved that he can fish. Great tournament with really great back and forth action. I agree that Kim got too much attention but they have to pick their targets well in advance and they don't adjust during the day. SO when someone gets hot and makes a big push, they might not have a camera in the boat. Bummer.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Fishmael

Because I guess ESPN sees so much value in bass tournaments that they are willing to let two cameras and supporting resources be allocated to the coverage...Wonder if they will sell it to someone who gives any southern anatomy part of the closest north bound rodent...

Dan

They have 51 anglers and what may be 4-6 cameras. It's pretty tough to get a lot of great footage. Super bowls don't travel up and down a wavy 100 mile river. Finding these guys with the camera boat is very time consuming. You pretty much gamble and place your cameras in the top  boats. Having been down to the B.A.S.S. Nationals, and having rode in the top boat with a camera crew, those guys only stick around for a while. You catch a fish then you're on camera. If you don't they are on to find another angler. They hang close waiting. The camera guy gets in and out of your boat, and then they're off.
Say you get 10 bites. That's in a 480 minute, 8 hour tournament. That's a fish every 48 minutes. Not too many people are going to watch a split screen for 48 minutes to watch a fish caught that gets reeled in, in what maybe 40 seconds. It's tough to think of how to do it too much better without a camera in every boat. If that were the case, you would be looking at 24,000 minutes ( That's 400 hours of film editing and that's just for one day!!) of film that has to be viewed at least once, edited, pieced, overlayed with sound, previewed and then aired. I know when I do an iMovie it takes me at least 20 hours (and that's conservative) to complete an hour DVD. As they say, it's a production. I wish there could have been more fishing shown, but I don't really have a clue as to  how that all gets done. If anyone was going to know what to do you would think that ESPN would. I thought it was interesting that they cut way back on the weigh in drama. Most tournaments spend a lot of time building that up. Not this year. I watched it intently, and truth be told, will probably watch it again when they rerun it, which I'm sure they will do.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."