Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass Pro Shops Auburn Hills Seminar Schedule

Started by huston, January 19, 2009, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huston

Take a Photo with Busch Beer Outdoor Beauties! Sat. February 14th 1-3pm & Saturday February 21st 1-3pm
Bass Pro shops -Auburn Hills
Seminars
Feb. 14 @ 11am "Slammin' St. Clair Smallies" by Todd Glover
Feb. 14 @ 1pm "Walleye And The Detroit River" by Mark Gwizdala
Feb. 14 @ 3pm "Introducing A Child To Fishing" by BPS Associate
Feb. 15 @ 11am "Introducing A Child To Fishing" by BPS Associate
Feb. 15 @ 1pm "Largemouth Tactics" by Todd Glover
Feb. 15 @ 3pm "Locating Lake St. Clair Walleye" by Mark Gwizdala
Feb. 21 @ 11am "Introducing A Child To Fishing" by BPS Associate
Feb. 21 @ 1pm "Largemouth Tactics" by Todd Glover
Feb. 21 @ 3pm "Locating Lake St. Clair Walleye" by Mark Gwizdala
Feb. 22 @ 11am "Walleye And The Detroit River" by Mark Gwizdala
Feb. 22 @ 1pm "Slammin' St. Clair Smallies" by Todd Glover
Feb. 22 @ 3pm "Introducing A Child To Fishing" by BPS

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

I'm sure my wife will want to attend "Slammin' St. Clair Smallies" on Valentine's day ;D

cr

I plan on attending both of Todd Glover's seminars , preferably the 14th and 15th . Knowing Todd, they will be informative and highly entertaining . Anybody else want to go ?  Maybe do lunch ? Buy the sweetie a V-day gift ?

Waterfoul

I might be interested in the Largemouth Tactics on the 15th.  Taking off on the 14th would be a mistake on my end I'm afraid!!   :o
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Durand Dan

Quote from: CR on February 02, 2009, 12:13:16 AM
I plan on attending both of Todd Glover's seminars , preferably the 14th and 15th . Knowing Todd, they will be informative and highly entertaining . Anybody else want to go ?  Maybe do lunch ? Buy the sweetie a V-day gift ?
Charles,
I'll ride along or I can drive. PM me when you get a chance
Dan

Team houston

Is this the spring fever week? If not when is that?

dartag

if they have the oil on sale make sure you get there early.  i took off work early last year,  got there the first day at 1:00 and it was all gone.  never do that again.

huston

I'll be attending the Bass seminar on the 15th.

Waterfoul

Quote from: huston on February 09, 2009, 02:08:52 PM
I'll be attending the Bass seminar on the 15th.

Well, I'm going to pitch it to the little lady tonight... 1:00 Bass seminar on Sunday and I'll buy her a really nice dinner for Valentines Day afterwards.

Actually... if she doesn't have too much school work to do I'm sure she'll be up for it.  She actually shows a lot of interest in my hobby.  I try to show interest in hers too... she has two horses... it's one of the reasons we get along so well... COMPROMISE.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

Well, it looks like we'll be there for the Bass seminar!  What a gal!

So where's a good place to take a lady out for a late lunch/early dinner near Bass Pro???

cr

There is a place just inside the mall called the Rainforrest, kinda like a Red Lobster with more atmosphere . I only ate there once and the food was good, but I hate recommending a place because every time I do,.... well you know how that goes.

Flippin222

Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

huston

Well, I attended the show at BPS over the weekend. The LG mouth seminar was not long enough or informative enough. It had about 8 guys and 2 women. The 2 women were with there men. Todd Glover conducted it and another gentleman named scott worked with Todd. The info on the usage of Alka Seltzer in a tube was useful. We passed around a few soft baits and hooks and since Todd likes shallow water, discussed frogs. I might attend the one this weekend on Slammin smallies

cr

I attended the Smallmouth seminar last weekend, pretty much the same. If you have never been on LSC or fished for SM you might like it, but was pretty much entry level stuff . I thought Todd did a good job though and considering it was free, worth the price. He took the time to make sure he answered everybody's questions and was very friendly.

Waterfoul

Quote from: huston on February 18, 2009, 05:58:45 PM
Well, I attended the show at BPS over the weekend. The LG mouth seminar was not long enough or informative enough. It had about 8 guys and 2 women. The 2 women were with there men. Todd Glover conducted it and another gentleman named scott worked with Todd. The info on the usage of Alka Seltzer in a tube was useful. We passed around a few soft baits and hooks and since Todd likes shallow water, discussed frogs. I might attend the one this weekend on Slammin smallies

Dude... I was the one sitting up front with one of the women (the BEAUTIFUL one...)!!!  I also had the nice St. Croix Legend rod that I found on clearance for half price!!!  And I agree... I would like to have seen him discuss more techniques... but given the small crowd I guess he did what he could.  I asked as many questions as I dared to keep the discussion going as long as I could, I didn't want to dominate the seminar though.  I will be picking up some more flukes and giving his dead stick technique a shot... I have 2 lakes I fish regularly that I think it may work well on.

And for the record... we had a great day between Bass Pro and dinner.  She is an outdoors kind of woman so we spent some time in the camping area planning a possible summer outing.  We tried to go to the Rainforest Cafe... but even at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday the wait was 2.5 hours!!!  No way were we waiting that long so we went to On The Border near the mall and had a great waitress, very good service and very good food.  Man do I love their chips and salsa!!

huston

That was you huh, I remember from a posting about the seminar that you said you would be there with your wife. Lucky man to have a beautiful wife and for her to support you in your fishing. I take my hat off to you. I did forget about the fluke info. I'll try that technique too. I'll probably attend the the slammin smallies seminar.  Peace....

Anthony Adams

The reason seminars are going on is that Tracker is having a Free boat show.

This Satuday Tracker is giving away a Free Arctic Cat 250 ATV to one lucky customer and on Sunday a lucky customer will win a free Hummingbird Fish finder.

If you stop by make sure you pick up a free Coke & Brat then drop a donation in the jar for the Fish-N-Friend youth charity fishing event. All procedes will be used to take those kids fishing....
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing