Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

bass weekend series

Started by gr@ssmonkey, January 25, 2009, 07:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr@ssmonkey

does anyone know anything about a B.A.S.S weekend series in michigan just wondering

Fishmael

No, the last time they had anything in Michigan was two or three years ago.  When the changed it to ABA, they dropped anything that was north.  When they did have them here last, I think they were only getting around 35 boats or so.  I don't expect them to be adding anything soon based on the turn out they had.  It seems no big tourneys with the FLW or BASS want to come to the west side either.  Oh well, I guess we still have plenty of opportunities.

gr@ssmonkey

I fished the week end bass events that year and it was a great time,but your right we were averaging 30-35 boats,not enough i guess.I heard last year that they were going to have one again in michigan,just wondering...thanks

Fishmael

I checked their website about a month ago, and it did not list a Michigan division or any MI tourneys.  The year they came up, I made their regional down on Patoka.  2 days of straight pouring rain.  I think I am still a little damp from that fishing trip...anyway, it would be nice if they came back.  However, I think it is ran by southerners and they don't really like northern fishermen...oh well, all I can say to that is KVD and Ike.

TritonTR20

The last time I talked to them, the told me if they were to add a division back for this area it would be based out of southern Illinois and hope to draw from the Indianapolis and chicago areas. It would not be in Indiana or Michigan.

gr@ssmonkey

r we a third world state over here or what,nobody will touch us with and 8' rod(lol)i understand they need more then 30 boats but i thought they would give it more then 1 year to try and build a following.....o well,i geuss the bfl is about the same.....thanx for the info guys......

Anthony Adams

I've had this disccussion many times with the powers at be in the ABA - They believe there is not enough support from Michigan anglers to bring this trail to Michigan.

I feel that if the Michigan ABA and BASS Fed members stepped up, e-mailed, called, or made a list of anglers interested. Then voice thier oppinion with these anglers backing to the ABA that the ABA would bring this trail to Michigan.

I will tell you what - Here is my suggestion.... lets start a list of  anglers right here in this thread. Call your friends and have them log on and post in this thread if they would join the weekend series if it came to michigan.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

By the Way --- I would fish it if it came to Michigan.

Put my name on this list

Anthony Adams
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

LGMOUTH

Anthony,
What do they consider a good turnout. I went through alot of the Bassmaster Weekend results and found that most of the turnouts were between 30 and 80 boats. Obviously there are some that are more but there are some divisions that only averaged around 40. Would that be enough to bring them to Michigan. I do think they should have giving it more than one year to develop. I do like the thought of northern Indiana and Michigan Division. I think you would pull more boats if this was the case. I would definitley be in for them coming back to michigan. Add my name in.

Don Watts
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Anthony Adams

I suggested to the ABA that they shold consider a division that includes Northern Ohio, Northern Indiana, & Southern Michigan. Or a Michigan wide division.

The ABA gets a hand full of calls a year from interested anglers. To them taht is not enough interest. They want to see some strong interest. I believe that if someone provided them with a list of names & phone numbers 50-75 anglers strong that they would come.

Anthony Adams

Let me add ...

The first year that the weekend series came to Michigan it was operated by BASS, thrown together at the last minute and had a poor turnout.

The next year the ABA took it over and made the payout a guaranteed $5000. They looked at Michigan and planned to come here but do to the short period of time they had and the logistics involved it was planned to wait ONE year until they had their ducks in a row. They did not want to make the same mistake as BASS did on Michigan. Problem is they did not get much feedback from the anglers about missing this opportunity and the ABA decided there just was not enough interest in Michigan for them to come back.

motocross269

Not trying to be the devil's advocate here...But with the economy the way it is in this state this may not be the best time to get another circuit off of the ground...I may be wrong, and the FLW numbers weren't to bad last year, but can this state handle another large tournament circuit??? 

TritonTR20

I'd be really interested depending on the lakes they picked.

McCarter

the best bet would to do a Michigan/Indiana division and share lakes on west michigan and northern indiana.  there are enough guys who dont want to fish st clair/erie all the time to do an inland lake division.  But if they do it like they did last time and make it east side big water heavy, they wont get the turnout.

If i had a boat, and the money, and if my wife said it was ok, and if they made a west michigan/northern indiana division, and i was a better fisherman........i would probably fish it.

McCarter himself :-\'

Fishmael

I would fish it for sure, especially if they had some W. MI waters in the schedule.  You can add my name to the list. 

Chris Helsel.

Ranger5Smallie

I love the idea of a N IN/W MI division.  I would look at fishing something along those lines.  Put my name in the hat.

Blake Britton

Eric

I'd be there for sure.  I loved those tournaments, and was considering borderline terrorist actions when they didn't come back.

Eric Smith
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

canvsbk

Put me in and I can speak for one other boater also, so make it 2.
Look past what they want you to see.

gr@ssmonkey

i would fish.i would just like to see more bigger touney's like the bfl or a bass weekend series come around.I think the bass weekends would of done better the following year once the word got out how much fun they were and the way they were prof. run.(no entry classic 50,000 to win,i'm in every time)

SODY

You nailed it McCarter, excuses.....Your friends dont need them and your enemies won't believe them! You could add my name to the list, but as Eric was saying it would take a whole lot of serious fishermen to build it and that my friends is a risk many outfits are not willing to take. I truly believe we should be soooooo greatful for the  FLW, I sometimes think the only reason the BFL is still here is because of the ground work operation bass laid and the core group of anglers who are dedicated to this series, do a search and you will see that the same names are there year after year, I know I could name thirty who were fishing it in 2001, point is it does not build itself and it is not overnight, not without serious commitment.

LGMOUTH, man it did my heart good to see you in this thread, hope all is well with your son, suspect he's still teaching dad a thing or two....Rich Soderquist