Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's the sweetest thing...

Started by blakstr1, March 14, 2006, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus

The smell of 2 cycle outboard exhaust lingering in the air on an early morning while the sun is rising. The second best thing is that mushy feeling on your line after feeling a hard "thump" on your jig. If you have experienced this before you know what to do next.

Duke

Waking up 20 minutes before the alarm clock, kissing my wife on the forehead while she's still sleeping and saying I love you; then walking outside in the dark and hearing the birds chirping on the way to the barn where I encounter a sparkling red/black Triton awaiting action. Everything after this is icing on the cake.

By the way, the worst part: BUYING GAS ON THE WAY!!!
Duke

bosshawg

waking up next saturday, hook the boat up, head out to the lake & pre-fish for the 1st tournament of the year. now thats sweeeet!!
7 days to go......
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Savage

How about culling out a 3 pounder because you just slid a freshly caught 3.5 into the livewell?? It makes it even sweeter when you have a club member close by to witness the entire event.

Heh heh heh. ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

AnglingAxeMan

Back seating your "PRO" partner!  ;D

Savage

That DOES sound pretty good, but I've never gotten to ride with a "pro".  All I do is tow around Blakstr1, and I just position the boat so he can't "back boat" me. 

heh heh heh   ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

SODY

Watching my daughter when she was six say "Daddy I think Ive got one as her TIGGER pole was doubled over with her first St.Clair Bass!!!

matt

Catching my first fish @ 6 years old....I remember once i caught it i never wanted to go back home.I wanted to stay out on that little pond we were at all day.

I'm waiting for my little guy to get a little bigger so i can take him fishing with me.He's a year and a half old.Watching him catch his first fish is probably gotta be the sweetest thing for me.

gbaade

What an awesome thread to read. I am new to the site and this thread alone makes me love this site. This is truly what fishing is all about.

When I go fishing with a buddy who isnt a die hard. They always ask me how I can stay on the lake or river for 6 hours when we arent catching anything. I try to explain to them that while catching a bass on every cast is great. It's really about the peace and serenity of being on the water. The sounds the smells the sights. I guess its something you either love or you dont.

The other thing for me is watching my 3 girls go to war with a 5 inch gill. To them it might as well be a 6 pounder. I also love the look in there eyes when I reel in a nice bass. I know theres at least 3 people in the world who think I am better than Kevin Van Dam.

djkimmel

Some great guys and gals on this forum... and you just added to it very well. Nicely done!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LG BassMaster

I have had alot of them over the years ~ but now it's to have my G'Kid's along out on the lake watchin' them smile while landin' fish - super picnic lunches in the boat or pull upto a picnic table to feed the 'critters & belly - swim breaks at the beach - water wars in the boat & the list goes on...

;D
-Bebob

Duke

I've got a new one now. Here's the Mrs. outfishing her husband; humbling but beyone description to see her react to it.
Duke

bshaner

Fishing a tournament the day after your wedding.... nuff said.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

yukonjack2

I'll have to Ditto most of the other posts here - taking my special needs son out fishing for the day! Nothing better in life than to see him grinding goldfish into the rear deck carpet while trying to use them for bait to smiling ear to ear wet to the shoulder saying "dad - fish are slippery" chasing them around in the livewell. 

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

djkimmel

Sounds like my one 'little' brother years ago when we were supposed to be bluegill fishing and I turn around to see him in the pond up to his waist trying to get bluegills to take worms right out of his hand. Which they proceeded to do.

RipNLips

Takein your best buds out on a lake they only have heard the name of. Not knowing the diffrence between a largemouth and a smallie. Teaching them how to use a softplastic bait and how to set the hook.

Getting them to catch their first fish in years, just to have them out fish you years latter and think they are the shoot.

Little things like this drives me to fish everyday, just so I can past on my knowledge.
When in doubt, set the HOOK!!!

csfishslayer

Well I would have to say my fav moment was about 2 years ago I took my 6 yr old nephew out on lsc for the day with a few buds and he hooked a 29 lbs muskie fish dam near pulled the little guy if looks could kill I would be dead.
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

outdoorkid

i think its when you are using a type of lure or rig that u never used befor and u catch your firt fish on that lure or that rig . then u have confidence in something that a couple mins earlier didnt have any confidence in, just the feeling that you know that you have just improved and made your self that much better.

Bob Mann

My best moment was when my 20 year old daughter asked to do a tournament with me. She wanted to now why I love fishing so much. I had her help me the night before. I went out purchased her shimano rods and reels of her own. Set them up and tied on lures. Left at 4 am for long ride to ramp. I couldn't get her to stop asking questions. I told tournament director I wanted to be last boat out for safety reason s with my daughter. Some of the othere guys through some cheap shots at me for having a girl in the boat in such a large tourney. My daughter quiclky put them in there place. We went out to our spots and on our third stop we hit them. Schools of 3 lber's were coming up as we neted each fish. She would hook a bass, I would drop a extreme bass tube flip the bail open. after netting her fish I told her to grab the rod and set the hook. After our fourth fish flopping aound in the boat she yelled thats enough lets get them in the live well. After 30 plus bass we headed back to wiegh in. As we entered the marina she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Dad I loved our day and I reallize why you love fishing so much. We came in 10th some great pics were taken. She slept all the way home. My little girl moved to Britsh Columbia last week She calls me or e-mails me to ask how the walleye are hitting.
Dad's little girl for ever :'(
jigger
Bob Mann
Windsor Ontario