Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:17:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's the sweetest thing...

Started by blakstr1, March 14, 2006, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggerslimm

The sweetest thing happened to me last Sunday..  I was with my wife and son on Lake michigan.. I told them they should be here.. My 9 year old cathches a 4.5lb smallie.. The wife is trying to get the net out and I hook a 5.7 smallie.. She gets his fish in and comes and gets mine..  My son has been smiles ever since..  Slimm
04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

Waterfoul

Recently I'd say getting a limit of fish in the boat with the Penn State fishing team on Lake St. Clair.  It was fun watching kids catch fish and enjoying their weekend away from school.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

Having your best buddy in the world and fishing partner competing in the BASS Federation Nation National Championship......his last step before the Classic  :o

Go Savage - Brandon Rose
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

I have links to the live BASS boards that went active today in the BASS board below.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jmorri23

my favorite part is eating them .mmm mm

djkimmel

I'm not much of a fish eater, but fresh walleye or panfish tastes pretty good at times. Down in Mexico, we had fresh tilapia every day for lunch right on the shore of Lake Comedero. It was really good! We had some for dinner a couple times too. Fresh fish is always best. That was the only part I really liked about Boston when I went there.

Frank

casting to that really ridiculous spot that no one would ever attempt because a bass could never get in there.  setting the hook on the fish that actually was there, and pulling that fish out over 20 feet of cat tails and the tree limb i had to cast over to get there. 
then, the good part...
watching my partner sit down and light a ciggarette because he is annoyed with the fact that i would even try such a thing let alone catch a hog.

djkimmel

Yeah... I enjoy doing that once in a while to another angler ;D (sorry... only human)

bassboss

There are so many of these "sweet things" but what about these two (and they may be posted already). Going down a shoreline like a muddy,over grown bayou, flipping a jig or worm into the jungle. Make a flip and your line JUMPS, knowing a bass (hopefully a bass) just inhaled your offering and with the swift swing of your rod, hoist a toad into the boat. OR... shooting a weightless worm such as a senko up to a sea wall or skipping it back alongside a boat in a marina and watching your line slowly sink... then suddenly jump and pick up speed knowing a fish is making off with your worm, allowing you to load up and get a good set, HOPING... that when you set that hook your rod doubles over with a big ol' bass on the other end. Doesn't thinking about these scenarios make you want to fish? I'm going nuts here. Just 3 more months... 3 more. ::)

djkimmel

Yes... hang in there. It will come.

peters_skeeter

Takin my 85 year old grandpa fishing and listening to all his stories of "the good ole days"
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

capt charlie's charters

that magical time when the sun just breaks the horizon on st clair and you actually stop fishing for the moment, taking a deep breath and revealing in how lucky you are to be experiencing it while others will never know the magic.

fishermen are blessed.

congrats to T-Bone who boated (accidently) his first big fish of the season yesterday, a 4lb smallie on a lake that has never boasted of smallmouths.

Barb Elliott

Well...
I just have to say here I, too, am glad I found this site - if for no other reason than to read this post...reading all the posts I am like 'yeah, Yeah, yeah, after each one - i like that too!!!
We are almost into the tourney season back here in NY and it has been a long long winter and a longer wetter, poor weathered spring.... But reading these posts has let me realize I am not the only crazy obsessed person in the world that loves fishing!!!
I remember one tourney - just a 'paper' tourney -  a boater didn;t sho up - for whatever reason, and rather than triple up (with all the confounding circumstances) I elected to stay on the shore.....<sigh>  The sound of those boats blasting off (and me NOT being on one of them!!!) was one of the WORST feelings I ever remember happening.  The funny thing was, when I opted to stay on the shore, I had NO idea how bad that was going to make me feel - the sounds of those motors reving up - boats on plane - spray flying - I almost screamed "HEY WAIT _ I CHANGED MY MIND_ COME BACK AND GET ME - I WAS ONLY KIDDING!!!!"......After the fact, I realized the combination of the excitement of the 'potential'  of the day, the anticipation of that first bite of the day - OMG....I'll never stay on the shore again - I was really down the rrest of the day.....I know better now....I'm a boater, at least in my primary club......<;
Thanks for a great read guys/people......
Barb, upstate NY

Skulley

Welcome to the forum Barb. We're glad you're here.

BD.                              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Fishing is all about anticipation!

blakstr1

Here is a recent memory.....with a morning like this you know it will be a good day.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

....who knew the Saginaw River could be so inviting!  ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Redbone

I used to fish that river many moons ago. I always thought it was a good fishery.
Quote from: blakstr1 on July 27, 2011, 08:11:24 AM
....who knew the Saginaw River could be so inviting!  ;D

djkimmel

I've slammed some TOAD sheepsheads there!! ;D