Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bay de Noc

Started by Ranger5Smallie, January 10, 2009, 07:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

You think cabin fever has set in????  Sure does seem like it.

BD        ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I'm not complainin'... I got to catch a couple hundred bass in Mexico a few weeks ago!!!!!!!! BIG bass!!! ;D

I do like to set the record straight though when necessary.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on March 04, 2009, 03:49:38 PM
I do like to set the record straight though when necessary.

Amen to that!!!!   :o

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Savage

Hang in ther, BigDog, us young guys will get the auto market turned around sooner or later.  I just hope some of us are still left when the dust settles!  I watched them walk out 7 salary guys from my Plant and a total of 78 for my site.  They were using my office to tell them, can you imagine that!  I had to try to avoid the area for the whole day, not easy when you work in Quality Assurance and the customer is calling.  Another couple hundred hourly guys took the buy-outs too.  We are lots lighter than we were at Christmas, that's for sure.

As for Forrest, it sounds like I had the wrong guy. ::)  Irwin whats-his-name is the guy behind it all...   I do admit that I don't follow the F'in - L - Dubbya too closely but there are some things they've done I didn't agree with.  I'm sure there's propaganda aplenty from both sides, so let's leave it at that.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

jgip087

I'm not going to bash either but I'm finally putting in my two cents. I will tell you what I know for a fact. Irwin Jacobs told a friend of mine in the industry, a source I believe 100%, that he started FLW to run BASS out of business. He is a businessman and would screw anyone in a heart beat but he has helped FLW grow so much by bringing in multiple huge sponsors and filling his pocket at the same time. Trust me Irwin does not want to lose a dime so FLW will continue to grow and is easier to get in to. The college series is also giving us young guys the best opportunities that could even be thought of for college fishing at this time, closest thing to becoming a sport as college angling has ever been.

BASS gives an angler greater opportunities for sponsorship dollars but not much is out there, even in good times a lot of the field hardly gets any cash dollars for sponsorship. It is very expensive and hard to get on the Tour. Ray Scott was great for BASS anglers and after ESPN took it over they have a plan to make money and it does not look good for the next few years, but we will see what happens. It is the most notable tour though and probably will always be despite what may come in the future. If I could ever qualify for one tour this would be the one I hope to make, even if I would make less.

Both have their pluses and both have a lot of problems so why can we not just leave it at that.

P.S. I hate to say it but the auto market is never coming back, we need to invest in alternative energies, ETC to keep out good state, and country, going and people working! If we don't China will make whatever we need for a fraction of the cost and they make Ford vehicles already in China, identical to the ones made here, at labor rates of about $5 an hour. Why would Ford not screw everyone here and import from them in the future?
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

1javelin

Ditto what he just said.  Not going to say what I think I should say because that will stir the pot more.  Good luck to all this season!!

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.