Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Dr. Depth?

Started by Bender, December 18, 2008, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Anybody tried this? I've got Navionics and Lakemaster maps and on some lakes they are not accurate. This seems like an easy way to create your own:
www.drdepth.se

It sounds almost too cool to actually work. Just start recording on your graph and stop it later on. Then move the SD card over to your computer and map it. The only thing that concerns me is getting/drawing accurate shorelines. I like the idea a lot because you could really get some very accurate maps that show little humps on flats, etc. Most all of the lakes I fish that have maps are in 5' contour rings and those miss all the good stuff!

Go from:

to:

This guy also sells it and shows you how to transfer it into Lowrance units: http://www.hightechfishing.com/drdepth.html

Edit: yes, I am bored out of my mind sitting here looking at all of this snow!
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

dartag

more stuff.  i just got a 520C and have been staring at it.  i will probably have all the paint wore off the buttons before i get it installed.   which lake card do you like the best for local lakes. 

Bender

I flip back and forth between the preloaded maps and the Hot Maps Premium on a chip, depending on which lake has better detail. I've also got a Lakemaster in the handheld unit too, since it seems to have the best coverage of Erie and a couple others. They are all pretty much worthless on a lake like Kent, where they only show 5' contours, that's why I was wondering about making my own maps with the Dr. Depth software. I wonder how well it would work for an area like the dumping grounds out by the light on Erie? A map of all the rockpiles would be awesome!

Instead of wearing your unit out playing with it  :P try the emulator: http://www.lowrance.com/Downloads/Product-Emulators/
It works just like the real thing. I got the ice fishing pack for my 520 too so soon I will test it on the hard water.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Durand Dan

That emulator is great!! I was using it for 5 minutes and already learned something

dartag

Dan is right the emulator is neat.  i can play all day since we are snowbound today.  good luck ice fishing.  i am sure my buddy Fred will be along.