Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

First to drop in the rig

Started by Bassman24, March 10, 2006, 12:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman24

So who is it going to be?? The earliest I have ever pulled the rig out was March 11 about five years ago.? Looks like if you can brave the cold we might be down on the river in couple weeks.?

I have not seen any ice conditions reports yet this Spring.? I know during the Cobo show the ice was still heavy in the river, but flowing out.?

I was up in St. Clair County by Pine River (draw bridge) last weekend and the ice was mostly gone, just small ice flows making there way down.

It won't be long.? I am tired of changing hooks.? Let's go fishing.? ?8)

GT

George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

Revtro

I usually try to get the rig in the water around April 1 to try to work out the bugs and get a little Walleye fishing in. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

aluminum boat on Union Lake today i think they were pan fishing.. half the lake still has ice.. may have to put the flat bottom in tomorrow and go rescue my neighbors dock and poles...   i will take a rod with a jerk bait..  won't be long now

ss

stackenem

I need to get mine in asap so I can get it broke in. Come on sunshine. Jonesing to get the new rig in the water. People look at me funny sitting in it in my front yard.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

rudycard72

I went out yesterday for 1st time in season had to drive to 4 different lakes to find a liquid launch,but it felt good no catching any fish, going out in the am though and i know where there at.Gonna catch a sac. 

fiker

Sitting in one's boat in the front yard is ok.
Hanging onto the stearing wheel and feeling the breeze in your hair is ok. 

Just don't make that brrrrm brrrm brrrm noise w/ your mouth. 

People will know you're nuts at that point.
:D
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fishon1219

I would have already had my new stratos in the water if I haddent shot a screw through the hull installing the hot foot. I here repairs should be completed next week so it will be in the water the day after its fixed. And a big THANK YOU to go out to Wonderland Marine West for getting on it so quickly for me.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

dartag

two guys on union lake today.. after they went out the wind changed and blew all the ice down to the launch.. didn't bother them they just powered through on the way back in.? got to remember to never lend them my boat.? see photo

DOWD

I have been fishing all winter on Erie. Fishied last weekend till I blew the lower unit. Heading to Guntersville, AL this first week in April. Perch fishing on Sunday.

dhuff

Definatly won't be long.  I was out by Walled Lake today and half the lake was open and the ice that was left was real black and had a bunch of holes in it.  This rain we are supposed to get should make that even worse pretty fast.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on March 11, 2006, 04:30:09 PM
two guys on union lake today.. after they went out the wind changed and blew all the ice down to the launch.. didn't bother them they just powered through on the way back in.  got to remember to never lend them my boat.  see photo

been there, done that...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

canvsbk

The ice is long gone here in SW Mi., but the really bad news is I put $85 in fuel in my rig yesterday. Where is that partner of mine when I need him?
We're headed to Tim's Ford in Tennessee next Saturday, looking for some of those dumb southern bronzebacks. I will return with photographic evidence..... 
Look past what they want you to see.

fiker

I drove by Portage Lake near Pinckney on Friday on my way to Lansing. 

There wasn't any ice at all that I could see on either Big or Little Portage.

Bad news is, the water level isnt' up from raising the dam yet.  In fact, I don't know that they've even done that.

But they won't open the launch until the water level comes up.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

yukonjack2

Quote from: fiker50 on March 12, 2006, 07:10:29 AM
I drove by Portage Lake near Pinckney on Friday on my way to Lansing.

There wasn't any ice at all that I could see on either Big or Little Portage.

Bad news is, the water level isnt' up from raising the dam yet. In fact, I don't know that they've even done that.

But they won't open the launch until the water level comes up.

I beleive they bring the water up the second Sat in april - I know somone that lives inb a canal there, and they always have a silt removal party for the canal front owners in early april prior to the water coming up. 
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

MaizeNBlue

A couple of buddies of mine were out on Ford Lk, on Sunday for 2 hours. They also said the launch was open at Bellevelle Lk. as well. They caught 4 walleye, 1 perch, and a turtle.

Bassman24

My son and I fished off the bank at Metro on Saturday.  Saw a Ranger working around the canals.

We had fun.  We caught about 12 little perch and enjoyed having a tug on the line.  Plus it is great starting off the year getting whipped up on by my boy.   :)

GT
George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com