Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

which tubes from wayne's were the hottest for you this year?

Started by karol, November 22, 2008, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karol

after buying almost every color that wayne had this year i spent most of this spring at my Dad's side before he passed away in july. so i didn't get to fish as much as i did the year before.
just wondered if i have to buy some more 3700's for some MORE new colors? thanks again..karol

thedude

canadian mist and st. clair craw for me.

A little (ok big) birdie told me there might be a new color for us west siders coming out for next year....... ;) ;)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

St Clair Crayfish was good all year for me. Canadian Mist and Formula G3 don't slow down. Erie Goby was very good for me too this year - hadn't used it a lot before this year, but it was in the top 4 and at times, the hot bait for the day for me.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DanM

I flip flopped between Canadian Mist and Formula G3 all season, one was always better than the other depending on the conditions that particular day.

I also had a chance to throw alot of waynes other colors ..St.Clair Craw...Erie Goby  ;)....etc..they were all effective. But when the bite is tough I always use(ride..lol) my staple colors....G3 and Canadian Mist.

dashaver63

I did decent with the Great Lakes Craw this year, especially with all the stained water situations I was faced with most of the year.

Fishmael

Who pours these and where can I get some???  I didn't really have a hot tube this year and would like to find one!!!  :o

TCook

Xtreme makes the tubes. I thought there was a link on this site but I do not see it, you can go to Wayne's site at http://www.combat-bassfishing.com and click on the ebay online store link.

T
FISH HARD!!!

Cy

I caught my best fish this year on the Formula G3.  It has been on of my go to colors for a while now.

You can see out products here: http://www.combat-bassfishing.com/

You can get Xtreme baits and products the following ways.

You can email me at cfruel@ameritech.net or PM me on this site.

You can shop online: http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Bass-Tackle_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

You can call Wayne at: (877) 485-2223

Or you can see our stuff at any of the 2009 Showspan Fishing Shows.

Thanks,

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

Links to both of Wayne's sites - his information site and ebay store are on the right edge of all forum pages.

See text links on the forum for:
Combat Fishing (informational site)
Xtreme Bass Tackle (ebay store)
Same as the links cfruel posted above. Many GreatLakesBass.com pages have his logo links on the right edges too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

chrisvmo

djkimmel

I like coffee... Have not tried coffee tubes. I have a whole bunch of Xtreme Bass Tackle tubes. Been using them for about as long as Wayne has been making the great colors.

skeeterman190

I love Waynes tubes!!! Canadian Mist and Great Lakes Craw are great colors helped put many smallies in the boat! Im really sorry to hear about your dad thats gotta be the hardest thing in this world to face. On the coffee tubes deals i believe in NO gimicks. Things in fishing are getting kinda crazy if you ask me. I stick to the basics really. Find a few things that work for you and stick to them. (I dont feel a tube impregnated with coffee is going to catch you more fish!) I would save my money for more advanced electronics or bulk spools of line. (Flourocarbon)-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

dashaver63

I used the 4.5" coffee tubes in greenpumpkin/chartreuse alot this year flipping. They have a solid head for texas rigging which I like.

WayneC

What you guys are saying tracks exactly with my research and sales over the years.  Canadian Mist and Formula G3 are the two best bait colors for consistency, day in and day out.  Like DanM says, they perform when the bite is tough.  Under the worst conditions, I'll go to both of those colors and know that I'm getting the best bite the area has to offer.  Since I've been selling on Ebay, both of these colors have done the same thing across the country and beyond.

The third leg of this stool has to be dark melon tinsel.  It too has proven itself over a long period of time and has earned the right to have its own name.  Starting in 2009 it will be called: "Xtreme Bass Tackle - Slithertm."  If you lay out the three colors side-by-side, it's clear that the competitive angler has three completely high percentage color choices for a consistent bite.

GREAT LAKES BASS EXCLUSIVE!

For the first time ever, "Slither" will be available in a skirted twin tail grub at the Ultimate Fishing Show at the Rock Financial Showplace starting on Jan. 8 - 11 (www.showspan.com).

This year though, St. Clair Crayfish completely dominated every bait, including Canadian Mist both in sales, and success on the water.  I was sure this bait would be good, but the results were impossible to ignore.  Because of the forage it imitates, expectations were that it would have a strong seasonal period of hyperactivity.  As it turns out, the only time it slowed down was during the post-spawn.  As the summer bite came on, it took off again and finished the season the same way that it started.

The highlight of the season for St. Clair Crayfish came in the summer with Mark Frickman's win (amateur) at the FLW in Detroit (see: http://twodabay.com/).  Every day Mark relied on SCC to bring in a consistent catch and it put him over the top.  The 4" tube worked well but he quickly moved into the drop-shot tube.  In a subsequent BFL event on Lake Erie, Mark was able to cash again with the drop-shot tube and in the process, get his back-seater a check and his best tournament limit ever.   

The biggest surprise of the season was the largemouth bite on St. Clair Crayfish.  I noticed it early on but it was too soon to draw any conclusions.  As the season wore on and re-orders were coming in, customers from around the state and the country were telling me they were hitting the largemouth hard.

The sleeper bait of the season was the drop-shot tube.  I started this product line two years ago with Canadian Mist and Great Lakes Craw.  The action was so fast that it left us just laughing on the water about how easy it was.  The Canadian Mist DST always caught what was in the area but Great Lakes Craw DST kept the small fish away and ended up being a big fish bait.  I expanded the line in 2008 and they all fished strong.  Bob Mann Sr. from Canada (see: http://www.fishncanada.com/content/blogcategory/19/43/ for more on Bob on the tv show, "Last Cull") has made a career out of fishing the 4" Great Lakes Craw tube and is now tearing them up on the drop-shot version.  Xtreme Bass Tackle sponsors Bob and his track record of local cash finishes is phenomenal on this bait.

Xtreme Bass Tackle will be rolling out a new line of drop-shot tubes at the Ultimate Fishing Show, Reaper Products "Sparkletail"tm drop-shot tubes.  This line of baits is the brain child of tube designer guru, Bob Dunlap.  Bob is the creator of Emerald Shiner, Mud Minnow, Formula G3 and many other unique designs.  He is the person responsible for helping me to refine my designs and get them right the first time through.  See the new "Sparkletail" drop-shot tubes starting Jan 8 at the Rock Financial Showplace.

Erie Goby has shown itself to be as aggressive as its namesake.  In the 4" tube, it has forced out the 4" St. Clair Goby and become the dominant bait of that size in this watershed.  There was nothing wrong with the 4" St. Clair Goby but it just doesn't fish as strong as Erie Goby.  EG was designed as a direct result of research done on the gobies in Lake Erie.  Thanks to some help from Paul Cowan, we were able to get our best, first hand look at one under ideal conditions and from that, the bait was born.  For whatever reason, it has dominated on Lake St. Clair so I've been recommending it over St. Clair Goby and have suspended production on the 4" version.  St. Clair Goby will always be available in the 5" tube.  Inland, the Erie Goby tube has shown itself to be a top producer.

NEW FOR 2009 - Xtreme Bass Tackle - Great Lakes Perchtm

This bait has passed the design stage and is now in the hands of the factory.  It took two years to work this one out and it will be the most complex tube design ever.  We won't have a photo until a week before the Ultimate Fishing Show.  Sure I designed it (with Bob Dunlap's expert technical support) but I won't get to see it either until I get the box of baits in Detroit.  We have my tournament partner and good friend, Scott Hayes to thank for pushing for this design in the first place, and making his mark in the development.

Thanks everyone for putting my baits to work in the field and thank you for keeping the spirit of the research behind the baits alive on www.greatlakesbass.com.

cr

I cast my vote for Canadian mist , as my "go to" bait , but have great results with the St Clair Craw and Furmula G3 . I can't wait to try out the new baits .

Ryan

Canadian Mist single handedly cashed a check for me at three different tournaments this year and will certainly be a mainstay for me for years to come.  I think one reason it works so well for me is because it is different then most tubes that people throw in Mid-Michigan.  I caught my longest smallmouth to date (21 5/8") last year on Formula G3 up north.  It doesn't seem to be a numbers color, but the size is definetly better on G3.

-Ryan

Skulley

Wayne has some great colors.  I caught fish on all the tubes that he made that I bought.  The stand outs for me were St. Clair Craw and Canadian Mist on St. Clair.  Erie Goby and Canadian Mist were stand outs on Erie.  Great Lakes Craw was good on Erie too.  Erie Goby put me in the money more times than not on Erie especially in September and October.   

I did try the Coffee Tubes and only one or two colors I felt were consistantly good.  The others caught fish but not like two particular colors.  They had there place when needed.  There are only three colors I would recommend in the Coffee Tube.  One color closely resembled an actual Erie Goby better than Wayne's Erie Goby and in a club tournament on Erie, Wayne's Erie Goby and the Coffee Tube were stellar.  I also used several different ISG tubes that consistantly put fish in the boat too.  I have pretty much conformed to Wayne's Tubes, ISG Tubes, and only 2 or 3 different colors of coffee tubes and that's it.

But for consistency it was Canadian Mist from Port Huron to Cleveland.  Thing is..........I am more of a crankbait fisherman than anything else and I don't go to tubes until I have located fish with search baits whether they were cranks, spinners, etc........but mostly crankbaits. 

I didn't try that Formula G3, but will for sure next year.

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

WayneC

Way to go CR, Ryan and Bill.

No one would probably believe it but at my tackle trailer back in 1999, I had to give Canadian Mist out as free samples because nobody would buy purple for smallmouth.  They would laugh and say, "That's for largemouth," or so it was thought.  Some free samples were taken out to the Belle River Hump by two Canadians, Jeff and Rusty who just cleaned up on the smallies the first trip out with the bait.  They became pro-staff, the bait became Canadian Mist instead of smoke with small gold and small purple, and the rest is history.

dmisaras

Wow Guys, It's great to read of everyone's success. It's great to see how well Wayne's creations have caught on over the years. Like Mr. Kimmel, I've been using Wayne's tubes almost since their inception and with a little experimentation, have always been able to tune in the bite. If you had to pick one supplier, Wayne certainly has the most researched and thought out arsenal than anyone else. No gimmicks. Just performers developed from on the water research. I've been blessed to have been a part of this endeavor through the years, and to have met so many great people in the process. (Yes Mr. Kimmel, even you!)
After taking a year off to pursue other things, I'm hoping to be back strong next year. After not making a cast all year, the smallies had better look out for me next spring.

Happy Thankgiving to all.

From the Combat Fishing / Xtreme Bass Tackle Pro Staff,
Latin American Division.

Regards,
Dave Misaras
Cholula, Puebla, Mexico

Skulley

I have always felt that Smallies will bite what Largies will bite.  I have proven that to myself consistantly over and over again.........especially in crankbait fishing.  That being said, why wouldn't a Smallie bite purple???  A Largie bites it.  So why not try it for Smallies.  I used Canadian Mist for Largies on the Lower Detroit.  It consistantly works for both.  I think that if one limits themselves to the belief "For Largemouth Only", then they are missing out on some fish that could have been caught.  

I did log some data in my journal this year that showed that Largies that have been showing up on the main lake on St. Clair were eating the St. Clair Craw color every bit as much as the Smallies were.  I do believe back in June went LaPorte posted some pictures of a day we spent fishing St. Clair together, there was a picture of a 3lb Largemouth I caught on a St. Clair Craw 4 inch tube.  On that day all colors were good as long as they were Extreme Bass Tackle's St. Clair Craw.   Thanks Wayne.  :D  

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com