Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Erie report 4-26-09

Started by River Walker, April 27, 2009, 01:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Walker

Fished the big pong yesterday with RocknFish.We launched out of Mazurik's at around 7:00am,the water color was terrible,and the intense winds even worse.The water was very muddy form East Harbor all the way going east over to Bay Point,and the wind was blowing out of the SSW at a steady 30mph clip all day with gusts hitting 35-40 at times.We headed to our first spot off the NE tip of Kelley's Island locally known as Long Point.The water in this area was a fishable color,and relatively flat.I caught a real nice smallie right off the bat on a 4" Canadian Mist tube,and Aaron hit one right after that on a Dream Tube-both bass went 4lbs. on the nose.We continued fishing in that area a while longer and turned up nothing but a 7lb. walleye that I caught on the same tube,and about a dozen or sheepies.We then took off for the long ride over to South Bass Island to try a couple of our "hotspots",it was a very good choice,although our first area was engulfed in muddy water,which of course produced nothing.We then hit our next destination near Gibraltar Island and scored on the smallies big-time.Again,the water in this little spot was fairly clean,which made a huge difference yesterday.We pretty much pounded the smallies at will in that little spot,we both landed several in the 4-5lb.range.Aaron was flipping around a little shaky-head jig,and I was still cleaning up with the 4"CM tube.We decided to head back to the mainland to play with the green bass for awhile,so after a long,wet and sometimes downright scary trip back,we pulled into the cut at East Harbor.We pretty much got into the largemouth right off the bat,with Aaron pulling in a toad that went over 5lbs.Aaron was tossing a black/blue Strike King Bitsy Jig,and I was casting a Strike King Series 4 crank(sexy shad of course)we prolly caught about a dozen in that general area.Our last destination was fairly close to our starting spot,think it's called Shrock's Marina.Again fishing off the pierheads we got into the bass again with Aaron connecting on a nice 3lb+smallie,and I caught a couple more green bass.That was pretty much the end of the day-the new Ranger performed flawlessly,except for a driver miscue once or twice ::).Whenever I found flat water,I hammered her down and she screamed-awesome.Hitting up a local lake near here tomorrow will make a report then.

Skulley

Are all of these spots in Ohio???  Were there any in Michigan???  Good report.  Thanks.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

River Walker

Yes they are,I was going to head on out to Pelee,but considering all of the muddy water that was pretty much everywhere I decided to stay around the islands.I really only fished in 3 general areas,South Bass Island,Kelley's Island and the Ohio mainland mainly in an area from Bay Point over to East Harbor.The smallies are definitely up close,with some bedding,if the water color improves in the next couple of days it will be on bigtime!