Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent Lake Open

Started by McCarter, November 03, 2008, 10:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Well, I wasnt planning on doing another event this year, but i got 3 calls this past weekend from people asking me to do one more tournament.

So if anyone else is interested, we are having an open this Saturday Nov, 8th out of the east boat launch.

We will fish from 7 am - 3 pm.  $40 entry fee plus $10 big bass pot.  100% payback as always.

We have 5 boats for sure right now.  Put the Stabil in before you come so it gets through the motor by the end of the day ;)

Call me or PM me with any questions
248-379-4724

McCarter himself :-\'

Durand Dan

I think I'll give it a shot. Even though the weather looks like crap I hate to quit until the last Bass has left for  Florida

cr

I'll try one more time also , that lake owes me , or maybe owns me is more like it .

McCarter

Durand Dan

Well I have emptied the boat of everything but the essentials, poured in the Stabil, topped off the 38 gallon tank, made sure no one else I know would fish with me and bought the lure that will win it. I'm ready for the latest tournament I have ever fished in Michigan. And the weather report looks like it will instill memories for years to come.

I can't wait!!

Durand Dan

Well, that was a disaster! I started out great. Throwing a jerk bait I hooked a 2-1/2lb smallie right off the bat. Looking back to the area I caught it I could see a school of fish sitting in about 3ft of water. I tossed the bait back and whamm! I had the bigest smallmouth I had ever seen at Kent on. It took me a minute to get it out from under the boat and I reached for the net(fishing alone). As soon as I did I must have slacked off on the line because I lost it :(. I turned around after being blown a good 100 yards off the spot by the 35mph winds and hurried back. Well all of the commotion must have spooked the rest of the fish because I threw everything to try and hook another with no luck. I thought I would leave and try an area that had worked out for jcheetum and me a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunetly it didn't seem to pan out as all I was able to land was a small walleye. Around 1pm I headed back to the same place I caught the smallie. For some reason I decide to stop out by the rocks in front of the east launch and throw a jig for a few minutes and kind of lost sight of where I was at. When I decided to move I fired up the motor only to hear my prop smashing against the rocks!! >:(. With only 1-1/2 blades left out of 3 I limped around for a few minutes more before throwing back my one fish and loading up. Oh, and the weather was lovely ;D

Today I winterized. That's it for me

dartag

so who won,  how many boats.   looked like a nasty day from my couch.

Bender

That's a terrible way to end the season Dan, sorry to hear about that.
There were 4 boats, several others had planned on coming but didn't for some reason.  ??? ;D (weather maybe)
I know that we had a tough day especially after our gloves got wet in the rain/sleet. We got a couple in between the islands while trying to hide from the wind and decided to move around noon. We went over by the west launch and got a 3 pounder on popr! Funny to get topwater bass in November. We moved around on the west side without anything else happening and with an hour left and only 3 in the box we headed east. We got to our spot and got a nice one on a jerkbait and then Brian got bit on a jig and lost it. We left him alone for a few minutes but with time running out we drifted back into that spot and at 3:19 he got our last fish to fill our limit. I thought we had a real nice bag and a good shot at winning, but it was not to be.
Tony Yancey and his partner won with 16.00 and big bass at 3.83.
Dave Wilson and his partner got second with 15.5? and big bass at 3.7 or so.
Brian and I got third with 15.38 and big bass at 3.80.
I think the other guys caught a lot more fish than we did but they braved the high winds on the main lake most of the day.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com