Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

A Really Cool Phone Call........

Started by carolina chip, March 09, 2006, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolina chip

Tuesday, I received a call from Mr. Ray Scott after I responded to an address about an article he had written:

I have never spoken with him before and was quite moved/shaken/excited/etc. by his call. We discussed his take on modern day bass fishing with regard to the different tours, where BASS started and the recent classic (including the Ike incident). We also discussed lite line fishing and bow hunting.

I can tell you that he is quite the guy. It was the best 1/2 hour I ever spent talking on the phone talking about bass fishing.? I am fortunate to be making him a sampling of my lures. As a lure maker, every lure ever made for many folks have been special. When you make them, each one is special. But I must say, this is a great honor and I cant wait to mail that box! They will be for a trip he is taking with Johnny Morris to the boundry waters this spring.

At the end of the call, he said "you got my number, you ever need anything, give me a call" -Friends, it does not matter if you are FLW or BASS or both..... thats a pretty exciting message to get from a man with his credentials.

CUDOS to the gentleman who took the time to MAKE MY YEAR and who created the sport we all love!

Thats my story and I am stickin to it!

Chip? :)

Bronzeback5LBER

Pretty cool,what did he say about IKE?
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

carolina chip

GLB Forum rules prevent me from saying what he said  ;D , but he is not happy at all with the actions of the fisherman in question.

In a recent article, he wrote about the "Face of Bass" and that those actions did not represent the BASS image.

DOWD

I met Ray on a plane from Hermosillo Mexcio to Phoenix in Nov 2004. While we waited in the customs line we talked bass fishing and his trip to Mexico. He owns a place on a private lake one hour East of Hermosillo. He has stocked it with Florida strain bass. He was with the TD of Bass Trip Weldon and some other BASS cronies. It to was a nice converstation.

Mark

Roy Randolph

I spent a couple of weeks talking to his staff prior to the Bassmasters classic and then when I was there I got the opportunity to spend some time with him.

He and his staff are truly focused on this sport and where it is going, we didn't discuss the "IKE" issue but you could tell he was not happy with some of the new "Characters" as he called them

And as you can see from my pixel site it was a productive conversation.

The man is an Icon!
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!