Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:07:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Noobie here

Started by Bass-Sniper, October 28, 2008, 06:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bass-Sniper

Hey everyone I'm new to the site, not new to fishing. I'm looking to get in to Tournament fishing this upcoming spring and fall mainly as a co-angler cause I can't afford a boat just yet. I'm in college in D.C. but during the summer months in Michigan I fish for Wallies and Bass right around the Detroit Grosse Pointe area. Just wanted to say hello and I hope I can learn a lot about tournament angling from you all!

cr

Hi BS , always good to see new members .

Cheetam

Welcome aboard.  I think you'll like it here...
Jeff

Wags

I'm also new to this forum,.....is there a place where you guys post boats for sale????  or is that frowned upon ???   some forum have "classified" type sections.  I figured this would be a good place to look for buyers and sellers being somewhat localized.  Please let me know how or if that is done here...Thanks

VinceR

Quote from: Wags on October 28, 2008, 09:02:01 PM
I'm also new to this forum,.....is there a place where you guys post boats for sale????  or is that frowned upon ???   some forum have "classified" type sections.  I figured this would be a good place to look for buyers and sellers being somewhat localized.  Please let me know how or if that is done here...Thanks

Welcome, and yes there is a place to sell (or buy) boats. It's in the "For Sale" section, at the bottom of the Forum page:
http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0

There are some good deals listed there.

djkimmel

Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com. I allow registered members to sell personal fishing and outdoor items for free under to For Sale boards down below. Personal individual items, not production things you may make as a business. Sell your boat. Sell your old rod or reel.

Bass-Sniper - the Grosse Pointe area is a pretty good area to be in if you like bass and walleye.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bass-Sniper

Quote from: djkimmel on October 28, 2008, 10:00:18 PM
Bass-Sniper - the Grosse Pointe area is a pretty good area to be in if you like bass and walleye.

Yeah I fish mainly windmille pointe from shore. Part of my main business on the site is to find a partner to go out on the lake with so I can enter some tourneys as a go angler until I can buy my own boat.

I managed to get slightly off shore last summer when I purchased an inflatable raft that seats two. It was a wild time, going back into canals in the Saint Clair Shores area, to get to some of the bigger largemouth, but I didn't dare take that thing out into the current where the smallies hang out.

Can you post pictures on this forum?

cr

Yes your supposed to be able to post pics but I haven't figured it out yet . But theres a post that shows how somewhere , your supposed to hit the additional options on the bottom of the reply window , but my pics are always to large . I think its under General support ,pretty cool.

djkimmel

Well, hang out here and get to know as many people as possible. That's what we're all here for! You can post something in the new Find a New Fishing Partner or Find a Tournament Partner boards too below. I added them after a couple good suggestions for a couple specific locations where you can post about who you are and what you're looking for, but don't be shy - participate! You'll meet people for sure.

Yes you can attach graphics you upload - check out this great info post by jcheetam on how to do it - http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=4118.0 or you can link in graphic files you have already uploaded somewhere else on the Internet (Photobucket and similar photo web sites). I do have a 75 KB per file limit and no bigger than 500 pixels square to keep things from getting out of hand and too slow. You can attach up to 4 pictures per post as long as they total less than 90 KB or 100 KB (I forget). Most newer cameras let you make pictures smaller, or crop them. It is really a matter of dropping quality of the pictures down using some type of graphics software (if you don't have  web account to upload to that does it for you) since the resolution of the Internet is actually pretty low - high quality / large size photos just waste space and memory on the Internet.

You know, another way to get out in tournaments and learn from experienced anglers without having a boat is to go as a BFL co-angler - check out: http://bfl.flwoutdoors.com for schedules, cost and rules. We also have a TBF of Michigan federation adult championship open to all members once a year that you don't have to have a boat to fish in. Check out http://www.michigantbf.com and the TBF of Michigan boards below for more info.

We are having general member meeting this Saturday, November 1 at noon at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn Hills if you want to come find out more. All attendees will get a discount coupon you can use that day to stock up on fishing stuff with.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Hey Snipe, welcome aboard.  I'm part of a club that largely fishes St. Clair.  We're always open to new members.  No cost, etc.  It's a great way to make friends and get out fishing with good anglers.  Also, I only live about 15 minutes from the lake and fish it several times a week in the summer.  So I'd be happy to get out there with ya anytime.  Welcome to GLB.  Check out our club in the TBF Bass Club section below.  We're the Eastide Bass Anglers.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bass-Sniper

I really wish I could come to the meeting on November 1st but I'm stuck in Washington D.C. Man I miss those big lakes I call home!

Revtro thanks a lot. What part of St. Clair are you shoving off from, because if its the north shore thats kind of a far drive. When I get back home I'd love to check out your club so I'll definitely try to keep in touch. Even if I don't show up on the boards for a while, because I'm in college and it gets hectic for long periods of a time.

I'm definitely going to try to break in to the BFL next summer, but I want to see where I'm at skill wise compared to more experienced fisherman.

Revtro

We often launch down by Windmill Pointe at St. Jean.  Also often at the Cutoff Ramp on Jefferson.  I'm in Eastpointe.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bass-Sniper

Quote from: Revtro on October 29, 2008, 11:24:49 AM
We often launch down by Windmill Pointe at St. Jean.  Also often at the Cutoff Ramp on Jefferson.  I'm in Eastpointe.

Wow thats perfect. I fish windmill pointe off of the pier in Grosse Pointe Farms. Do you launch out of fox creek? I can't believe I found this under my nose in two days on this site. I've been searching the internet for a good year looking for a fishing club out of  Detroit. Does your group have a website or anything?

Revtro

I wouldn't say we're a "Detroit Club", but more of an Eastside club.  We sometimes launch up in the North Channel too when the channels and river are on.  Sometimes we fish Erie also.  We just started fishing Erie as a club this year.  It was awesome.  Our board is here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?board=38.0
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]