Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2008 Fall DK Open West Pairings

Started by djkimmel, September 23, 2008, 11:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I need to know ASAP if anyone is not coming or needs a boater/nonboater status change! If any nonboaters are not going to make it, I want to know in time to allow the boaters who wanted to to switch to nonboater and save some gas money (and not have too many boats there) - thanks!!

Here are the initial pairings for the 2008 Fall DK Open
Boater
MIBasser
VinceR
Spinninbugs_hubby  
Genie
fowlmouth
Durand Dan
djkimmel
Non-Boater
TCook (99.5% sure)
chrisvmo
Ryan
Spinninbug
Jay-MadWags (still maybe)
fasttrack
MadWags (99% sure)

The Fall 2008 DK Open West will be Saturday October 4 on
Lake: Hardy Dam Pond
Ramp: Brower Park (includes campground; $5 daily vehicle pass plus $5 trailer pass required for boaters)
23056 Polk Rd
Stanwood, MI 49346
(231) 823-2561
Time: 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Entry: $7 per person (includes $2 for big bass)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

We might go over and get one of the cabins at the park friday night,  not for sure yet.  They are only 35 a night and your right there at the park.  So you don't have to get up as early!!  You just have to bring your bedding and a light,  well and maybe a heater.  We love staying there. 

I'm so excited I'm finally getting to do an open,  maybe with any luck we will be able to do the spring one next year too. 

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

Quote from: spinninbug on September 24, 2008, 10:40:05 AM
We might go over and get one of the cabins at the park friday night,  not for sure yet.  They are only 35 a night and your right there at the park.  So you don't have to get up as early!!  You just have to bring your bedding and a light,  well and maybe a heater.  We love staying there. 

I'm so excited I'm finally getting to do an open,  maybe with any luck we will be able to do the spring one next year too. 

That's a good deal on the cabin. It would be nice if you can make the spring open too, but no sense in pushing your luck until later (the fishing is pretty darn good over there though ;D )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

So I've heard,  so I'm going to have to try hard to make it so I can see it with my own eyes... :o

But then again it's pretty hard to beat Hardy in the spring too and that is alot closer.  I've never fished it in the fall so I'm really looking foward to going over there. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

fasttrack

Hey there 'Spinner'! Dan didn't put us together 'cause he may remember how well we did back in June on Hardy (actually, both being non-boaters may have had something to do with it too...) I look forward to seeing you again and meeting your hubby too. I will stay away from a couple of those main areas we fished if you want me to. Don't want to be known as a spot-stealer! Let me know if you guys are going up early on Friday. While its not real likely, it is possible I will take some time off and go look around that day. You know my number...

P.S. - get that 'spinninbug' tied on - should be a good time to throw it!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

spinninbug

Well the spinninbug is always tied on,  sometimes I have to retie it but it's always on,  I'm hoping it works as good in October as it did in June. 

I don't know for sure if we are going over on friday or not,  I'm hoping to but not sure yet.  It will be after work if we do so we wouldn't be there until around 7 or so.  I just thought getting away for a night would be nice. 

I don't care if you fish those spots,  there is alot of room there.  I'm riding and I don't know what Genie's plans are,  hopefully he knows some good spots too. 

I'll give you a hollar and let you know if we are going on friday.
Wendy

Durand Dan

It's good to hear my partner, Fasttrack has some spots. I've never even seen Hardy Pond that i can remember.

spinninbug

Yep he has some spots I showed him this spring,  I have never fished it in the fall but I would think that those spots would be just as good in fall as spring,  now fasttrack you need to remember hubby will be there too and he also fishes those spots!!!  LOL... could be interesting.
Wendy

fasttrack

No problem - will give him plenty of room if we even fish those spots. I have a few other areas too that a buddy (and former series partner) caught some decent fish from last weekend so we may not even need to hit 'yours'. But you know those smallies - there one day and gone the next... The weather is supposed to cool down next week so who knows what impact that may have in their movement. See you next weekend!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

spinninbug

Oh I'm sure we can work it all out,  there aren't that many boats.

I will let you know to if we are going on friday,  it's looking like it but I'm not for sure yet.
Wendy

MIBasser

Just wondering, but if anybody is going to pre-fish on Friday please let me know.  I was planning on going up in the morning and then spending the day on the water. 

Thanks, Andy

chrisvmo

fowlmouth

all goes as planned I should be splashin' the boat by 10:30 fri am

Durand Dan

Counting down. 5 days till the DK open on Hardy Pond.  :D I'm geeked and ready to go ;D

MadWags

I am leaving tomorrow for North Carolina.
One day drive, one day one the job (hopefully).
One day drive home.
This puts me back home Friday night.
I have to attend a Bowling Charity event Friday night. (possible beer or two)
Jason doesn't know it yet but he is driving Saturday morning (early) to make it to the DK Fall Open in time for launch. I will be very tired and overhung, but I am willing to predict right now that, Dan and I will take the trophy (virtual) home to the personal computer in the library (cigar room) ::).
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

So Wags... you will be there, but Jason may not?

MadWags

Dan,

If I can get everything I need to get done down here today, then we will both be there on Saturday. If I get stuck here for more that one day then there is no way I can make it. I doubt Jason will want to make the trip by himself. I will check back in tonight.

from NC

Wags
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

spinninbug

We are definately going over friday and getting a cabin at Brower.  So if anyone else is over there look us up.  We have a blue/gray truck with a white/red/black champion. 

What time is check in and all that fun stuff?  I know it probably has been posted on here but,  well what can I say!!! :D

Wendy

chrisvmo

Suppose to be a low of 37 degrees on saturday! should be a chilli start. How do you all think this will effect the fish?

djkimmel

Quote from: chrisvmo on October 02, 2008, 11:53:37 AM
Suppose to be a low of 37 degrees on saturday! should be a chilli start. How do you all think this will effect the fish?

They will be warmer than us !!! ;D  :o :D (and I might start fishing right by the ramp ;D)