Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Got out to Erie Today

Started by DOWD, March 05, 2006, 03:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOWD

Its been a while since I was on the water last (1/28/06), felt good to get out and catch some fish. Buddy and I caught around 30 fishes (bass), nothing real big, biggest around 3.5.
Great news is, I will be getting a new top half to my outboard!. While running back to the ramp, it sounded like the motor threw a wrist pin or lost something in a cylinder. Real bad rattling sound in the motor. Tried starting a few times, and it finally locked right up! We within an 1/8 of a mile from ramp. Thank goodness for the trolling motor. Called Dave Zammitt, of Lockemans Hardware and Boats, at home to let him know the good news, will be taking it back to him on Monday.
Hopefully this doesn't put a hamper on my trip to Guntersville April 4th.

djkimmel

Good news Bad news.

I liked the good news about the fish. I hope you get the bad news taken care of in time to take your trip. Breakdowns are disappointing enough.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DOWD

Dave at Lockemans Hardware and Boats, is sending someone over to pick the boat at my house on Monday. There service is 2nd to none, he steps up to the plate whenever he is needed, even though the motor was purchased elsewhere. Lockemans is the oldest Evinrude and Johnson dealer in North America. Sorry about the shameless plug, but they are an awesome dealer.

Dan

Does Lockerman's have a website? I have a 98 Johnson Venon 225 and it would be nice to know someone that I can call if I need them.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

DOWD

DOWD

Well got some good news today. Lockemans called here at 11:00 am to inform me the top end of the motor is good but the lower unit is shot. They had it trouble shot in hours, they picked the boat up at my home at 9:00am and had the problem trouble shot by 11:00 am.

They checked the compression and bore scoped the cyclinders, and all is okay with the block.
They have ordered a new LU for the motor, should have the boat back from them Friday.