email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Randall Chain Coldwater Michigan Bass Report  (Read 1259 times)

Bigbass201

Randall Chain Coldwater Michigan Bass Report
« on: July 17, 2018, 12:47:46 AM »

They sure have made this lake a tough lake to fish with all the weed killing.  The last 3 years it really has went down hill.  It use to take 16 to 20 lbs. to win tournaments.  Now it's 6 to 9 lbs.  I did my best running through some old spots and trying to piece something together.  I managed to catch them on some topwater, bladed jig, and drop shot.  The video is the link below.

https://urlzs.com/nWPbh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:10:44 PM by Bigbass201 »

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Randall Chain Coldwater Michigan Bass Report
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 09:38:40 PM »

Near the top of my todo list - something about the excessive weed treatments, especially in West Michigan.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Bigbass201

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:35:42 AM »

I wish they would do some studies on the effects.  Keep us posted on your quest.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »

Anyone involved in fish management knows fish need cover / habitat. The problem is the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) is legislatively limited to only 6 staff for the section that reviews permits. If they don't process a permit application within 30 days the permit is considered approved.

Will take some work to make significant progress but one thing anglers can do is watch the weed killer applicators when/if you see them. One thing they can't do is spray within 8 feet of visible fish on beds though I wonder how well they are able to spot bedding fish? If they do it though you can contact the DNR and let them know.

You could also say something to the applicator though I don't mean to get in a debate or argument with them on the water. Some of them are more conscientious than others. I also mention things about healthy lakes and fish populations to lake association people whenever I get a chance. Some of them don't care but some of them just don't know.

We'll try to do what we can. New people involved. New Governor. Who knows.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Bigbass201

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »

Good information.  I didn't know lot of that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge