Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Christian Anglers Tournament

Started by Revtro, September 16, 2008, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Hey all,
I'm not sure if there will be much interest, but I'm considering putting together a spring tournament for Christian Anglers.  The purpose would be to allow Christian Anglers to get together for a time of fellowship.  Outreach is important of course, but that's not what this event would be for.  It's important for people of like faith to get together to encourage each other and share what they have in common.  That would be the main purpose.

If we did this, it would be open to family members of course with guidelines similar to the DK Open as far as board members go.  But I'm also thinking of opening it up to those who participate on another Christian Angler board.  Still unsure. 

I'm considering a format which would include a pre-tournament meeting at a church.  It would include a meal.  Not sure if we should do a team format or a draw.  It would be 100% payback of course.  If we did it during the early spring on St. Clair, it would easy to catch fish and hopefully everyone would do fairly well.  Then we could have a BBQ at Metro Beach afterward. 

This would be a decidedly Christian event, so there will be talk about God, maybe even a little worship at the pre-tourney meeting, etc.  So people who don't consider themselves Christians but want to come just to compete for the $$ may not feel comfortable.  In fact, maybe the $$ should be low to avoid people just coming to compete for the bucks. 

Any interest in an event like this?  Just fact-finding.

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

motocross269

Maybe it should be a charity event..With all profits going to a charity and some really cool prizes to the winners (Donated).......Just a thought??

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I'll keep an eye on this to see what you are coming up with. I'd say keep the money low too to keep the focus away from that. I like the charity angle as another possibility to clarify the focus.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SethV

Back in Oklahoma I fished some of the FOCAS tournaments.  Similar to the FOM events here in Michigan.  I wonder if the FOM guys would want to run an open or something - might be good to have their help.

Sounds like a good idea!

Seth

Revtro

Yeah, I would definitely want to invite them to participate since many of them participate here on this board.  I think it could be a lot of fun and encouraging.  It's always good to get like-minded anglers together.  Perhaps some guys can come up with a good charity that we can raise money for.  Crossroads for Youth perhaps?  Many of us already support them at the annual fishing event Anthony Adams coordinates. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]