Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St. Jeans

Started by TritonTR20, September 11, 2008, 08:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TritonTR20

Our club is planning on comming to St. Clair the beginning of October. We had heard stories about theft problems at the St. Jeans launch. Have there been any problems there lately? Is there a better ramp to use that is close to the North end of the detroit river?

Revtro

I launch there all the time.  There are no longer the kind of problems you used to hear about at St. Jean's.  I guess like anywhere there is always the possibility of your vehicle getting messed with, but no more than any other ramp in my opinion.  There is a high priced housing development and a marina flanking the ramp now.  The burned out crack houses are gone.  Plus there is a guy who keeps watch all day now.  So there's nothing to worry about.  There is no better ramp to launch at in the North end of the Det. River.  The only downside is that the docks are short and in need of repair, but launching there is no problem.  Stay away from the ramp by Altar Road.  Last time I launched there I had problems.  St. Jean is much nicer.  BTW- our club will also be fishing the Det. River on the 4th of October.  If that's when you'll be there, maybe we'll cross paths. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bender

Quote from: Revtro on September 11, 2008, 09:16:46 AM
there is a guy who keeps watch all day now.  So there's nothing to worry about.
That is the only thing I worried about when I was there.  :P
It was pretty deserted other than that guy. Just make sure your motor starts up right away or you will be into the wall faster than a stock car with a cut tire.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

TritonTR20

Last time we were there, we had a couple dead fish come in. We gave them to the guard for looking out for things. He really appriciated it. If we launch there again, I think we will make the same offer in the morning (If we have any dead fish at the end of the day, he can have them if he would like. Just added insentive to keep an eye out.)

Revtro

Yeah, I gave that guy a Walleye the other day and he really appreciated it.  (I think his name is Jerry?)  The good news is that there haven't been any problems at St. Jean's in quite a while because the surrounding area is getting so much better. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bshaner

I dont know if you remember my thread on this a while back.  I had heard the same rumors and asked the same questions.  I was kind of worried.  I've launched there about 6 times since I asked that question and have not had a problem.

My buddy and I got to talking about it one day while we were fishing and came to this conclusion.  The guy there charges 10 bucks a vehicle.  He's always there.  Most times the vehicles are right in his line of site from his office.  I dont know if the money goes in his pocket or someone else's but either way it would be in his best interest to make sure vehicles dont get messed with.  Everyone knows anglers talk to eachother and can be critical.  If he were to mess up and let a vehicle get touched I would think that would be the end of his nice little operation he has going.  So I'm pretty confident he keeps an eye on things.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

TritonTR20

Thanks guys
I appreciate the comments. I hate to make the 4hr drive and have problems at the ramp. We love coming to St Clair! The last few times we have launched from the Clinton River cutoff canal an has worked out well, but I know most of the guys will be fishing Canada in the fall. The St. Jeans ramp is a lot closer for us.

Bender

I've also heard that the cutoff ramp is closed for the rest of the year. Not 100% sure if this is true or not, but it has something to do with cleaning all the weeds and debris that blew in there. Again, don't quote me on this, call the ramp to be sure.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

huston

There are two other launch sites in St. Clair Shores. One is called Bloosom Heath on Blossom Heath and Jefferson just below ten mile and the other is on I think 9 mile and Jefferson. It's said that only residents can launch at these but they will let you launch. The fee is ten dollars.

Revtro

I launched there Tuesday.  It was open an pretty clear or weeds.  Sometimes they close it for a half day or so to clean it out, but normally it stays open until they pull the docks out.  It should be open all fall.  If I go there and see otherwise, I'll make sure to put up a post about it.  But as of Tuesday it was open.

Quote from: Bender on September 11, 2008, 03:32:30 PM
I've also heard that the cutoff ramp is closed for the rest of the year. Not 100% sure if this is true or not, but it has something to do with cleaning all the weeds and debris that blew in there. Again, don't quote me on this, call the ramp to be sure.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Dan

Can you guys post an address that can be used to google maps to get to these ramps. I would like to have them archived in case I needt them. I've heard of other ramps, but have only used Metro, Macomb County Sherrif ramp whatever that ones called, and Elizabeth Park. Is Selfridge a different ramp than the Macomb County Sheriff ramp?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

cr

http://www.lakestclair.net/captcorner/boataccess.pdf..                                                                                                                Dan try this site out , might help    CR               

Skulley

I have been launching at St. Jeans for years.  Luckily I have never had a problem.  There is an attendant as Revtro said.  I can't count how many times I have run into Rev there.  More than I got fingers and toes.  Fee is $10.  It used to be $15, but the City of Detroit saw that they were losing business and people were launching at other places for $10. 

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com