Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit Area

Started by BassFisher91, March 02, 2006, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassFisher91

Hey guys, I was just wondering where people fish that are from the Detroit/Suburbs of Detroit.  I fish on Lakeville, and Lobdell, with Lobdell being my favorite.
Keeping The Lines Tight.

Revtro

Where do I start.  My favorite place of course to fish is Lake St. Clair.  I'm out there a few times a week.  Last year, I fished, Cass, Lakeville, Long Lake (Oakland Cty.), Pontiac Lake, Orchard Lake, Maceday/Lotus, Lake Oakland, Kent Lake, and a few I'm probably forgetting.  This year our club is going to fish the Half Moon Chain, Tipsico, and Lobdell among others.  Can't wait for spring.  Honestly, being from the East side, I'm spending more in gas getting to these lakes than I spend while fishing on them.  Grr.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hooksetter

I fish the Half Moon Chain, the Portage Chain, Lobdell, Thompson, Tipsico, Kent, Whitmore, St. Clair, Ovid, Orion, Wixom, Sage, St. Helen, and Lancer. I like mixing it up.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

McCarter

Kent, Cass, Union, White, Duck, Lower Pettibone, Proud, Tipsico, Ponemah, Lobdell, Neppesing, Clair, Erie, Belleville, Wixom, Portage Chain, Saginaw Bay, Long Lake in Hillman, .......uh, i think thats it.  those are the lakes i fished last year.

For this year i can add Santee Cooper and the Rouge River ;D

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dcain

Poor Boy,

have fun on Santee Cooper...I lost hog there a few years back. My partner in the front of the boat has two over 9 and he said this one dwarfed them. I never saw it...

bosshawg

with club tournaments and tuesday nite NBAA sort of spread out all over this year. my fave is woodland lk (brighton area), but didn't get to fish it last year or so and have not heard if its come back or not since it had LMV 2 yrs ago. trying belleville lk (15min away from home) this year for fun fishing & maybe a tournament or 2. other favorites kent & portage chain.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

dhuff

I fish a lot of lakes here in Michigan all over the state with my favorites being Lake X, Lake Y, Lake Z,  Oh and don't forget Lake A which is a small lake loaded with monster smallies that makes Cass lake look sick.  Can't wait for ice off. 

fiker

Half Moon chain, Portage Lake chain, Thompson, St. Clair, Kent, and  Whitmore.

This year, I'm gonna give the Tuesday night NBAA league a try.  That will add Woodland, and Portag Lake in Jackson County.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fishstick

Portage chain, Halfmoon chain, Wamplers, whitmore, portage lake in jackson, thompson, big and little crooked (brighton), Cass, Pontiac, Erie, st. clair...fiker50 I fished that tuesday night league last year and will be again this year its a lot of fun and a good group of guys see ya there

Skulley

So many lakes..........so little time.  I have fished over the years St. Clair, St. Clair River, Detroit River, Erie, Cass, Oakland, Orchard, Belleville, Ford, Halfmoon Chain, Portage Chain, Sylvan, Maceday/Lotus, Wolverine, Kent, Woodland, Whitmore, White (Oakland County), Long (Oakland County), Lobdell Chain, Ponemah, Fenton, Loon Chain, Tipsico, Thompson, Lakeville, Orion, Pontiac, Union, and I can't think of any more at this time.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bosshawg

Quote from: fishstick on March 03, 2006, 04:23:05 PM
Portage chain, Halfmoon chain, Wamplers, whitmore, portage lake in jackson, thompson, big and little crooked (brighton), Cass, Pontiac, Erie, st. clair...fiker50 I fished that tuesday night league last year and will be again this year its a lot of fun and a good group of guys see ya there

i will be fishing that tuesday nite division also this year. after looking over the nbaa schedules, this division seemed to have water closer to home area. hope to meet all on the water.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Bronzeback5LBER

To the north I like Loon and Long Lakes(in Iosco co.) and the AuSable river system, down here I like Long,Lakeville and Pontiac I would like St.Clair but don't get out there to often, on windy days(which are quite often) my 17.5 tracker does not make me feel real secure.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

BassFisher91

where are you fishing on Lakeville Lake? ???
Keeping The Lines Tight.

dhuff

Hey Bronzeback5lber,

I fish Long and Loon quit a bit along witht he Ausable river system.  I have about 15 minutes from long and loon. 

djkimmel

I've only been on Lakeville once and that was for the Crossroads for Youth fishing event this past season, so I didn't fish much or see much of the lake. What I did see was fairly complex and interesting.

In our 3 hours of fishing in which I spent as much time changing lures for the kids as I did casting, we caught a few bass, pike and a bunch of panfish. There was a nice weedy bay just out and around to the right of the boat launch behind a small island. Lot's of fish activity in and around those weeds.

I noticed one thing in particular that day - there were big fish jumping all over the lake all the way across it pretty much the whole time we were on the water.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bronzeback5LBER

Bassfisher91,
         As you leave the boat launch on Lakeville you go out of that little bay and than you make a sweeping left turn kinda brings you out in the main lake you will see an island several hundred yards at about 2:00 go just past that island and you will hit some dropoffs fish around that area my best night out there I got a few walleyes(all in about the 15 in. range) and about 4-5 bass 1 lb. or bigger nothing huge but it was fun,I've only fished the lake 3 times,Dhuff
       I use to live in Hale about 18 years ago ,so I have fished those lakes alot especially the river for walleye,but we do good on bass also,if you are ever out there on loon, long or the river stop and say hi I have a Tracker 175 se 60hp I'll either be by myself or have my son on board who can kick my but sometimes,he's 14 and loves to fish.Bythe way have you ever fished Jose Lake?Its a hard one to get on,you basically have to know someone because they have no parking at the launch,thats another fun one to fish.

dhuff

Hey Bronzeback5lber,

My grandpa lived in Hale until he passed away last spring.  I have never fished Jose Lake.  I usually fish Cooke Dam Pond.  Which ones do you fish?  I have caught some nice Walleyes on Loon and Long lake.  And, I have caught some nice smallies on Long. 

Bronzeback5LBER

I fish all the backwaters of every dam cooke is my favorite,we've caught alot of fish out of there nothing big but quite a few fish(nothing over 3lbs)My biggest bass(on the river) came out of loud pond 3.5 smallie,My dad caught a 6 lb. smallie just below 5 channel near the second island.Long Lake is a great lake and I think has potential for some big smallies,I caught a s.m. just under 5 lbs. during the spawn and it could have been 5.5 if it just had'nt spawned out.My son caught a 3.68 s.m. in a tourney on long and since he was only 12-13 years old he got quite an ovation from everyone, got to admit I was proud of him.Loon is probobly my favorite it has a nice flat area near the camp that the fish get on in the spring and we do pretty good blowing over that flat,its got some nice points and its got shallow and deep(over 100ft.) in some areas might even be deeper in some spots.

dhuff

Yeah on Long I pulled a 5lb smallie out of 28ft of water in the summer.  That was my biggest and one that went 4.6lbs at night in the shallow cabbage weeds.  I have fished cooked pond quit abit but mostly for walleyes.  Only tried a few times for bass and did so so.  I have hit it hard in the shallows on the upper end where it starts to get shallow.  There are lots of nice weeds and laydowns everywhere but I have never done any good off of them.  Are you hitting those deep points or the river channel?  I have thought about doing that but just never put the time into checkign it out.

Potter

Just below Five Channels Dam is a good bet for smallies.  The points on Cooke are worth the time.  Checking out high bank sand/gravel slides into the old river channel is also productive from time to time.

snowing again this morning :(

potter