Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

eagle 502c gps

Started by stackenem, July 21, 2008, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

My eagle 502c gps unit is acting crazy it continues to flash thru all the light cycles and it will not shut off. I had to pull the fuse to get it to shut down Anybody got any ideas????????
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Slipkey

stackenem,

It sounds like it could be one of two things: 

A) The power button on the main board is sticking in the "down" position.  Could be a corrosion issue on the contacts or the rubber boot could have come unseated on the button.  You could try pressing and releasing the button fast twenty or so times, then plug the unit back in and see if the problem stops. If it does or it becomes intermitent, then that is probably the issue.

B) The main board needs to be replaced.   If this is the case, you will need to contact Eagle/Lowrance and send the unit to them for service.

HTH,
Jon

stackenem

I tried pushing the buttons on the unit and nothing changed. Just waiting for a reply from Eagle on how much to change the board. I may just wait and change over to another Lowerance unit so I can network the 2 of them together.

Thanks for the help
Bill
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

stackenem

finally got a reply from Eagle and they said seeing how my unit is 3 years old it will be $200. to fix it without even looking at it. So I guess repairs from eagle are made by how old your unit is not by what is wrong with it. I think I will look around and get something different. Wodering about Lowrance now seeing how they are both made by the same co. do they charge by the year also?

Langer

Bill,
Who at lowrance/eagle did you contact? I would try Linda Colt. She is awesome with customer service, not sure if she does both lowrance and eagle but its worth a shot. I cannot find her contact info at the moment, but if you do a search on bass boat central using her name you should be able to find it.  Let me know if you can't find it and I will try to locate it. Again she is excellent with customer service!
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

stackenem

Langer, I just called customer service at Eagle and that is what they said. When I asked them if it was the same price no matter what the problem was the guy said yes.

Bill

Revtro

Bill, call Linda and tell her your story.  I have found her to be different.  It's worth the call.  She really helped me out when an older unit of mine died.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

stackenem

Rev or Langer, Do either of you have her phone number? Is she with Lowerance or with Eagle or are they one and the same in the service dept?

Thanks
Bill

Langer

Linda Colt
Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: linda.colt@navico.com

-2008 President

stackenem

Langer, Thanks I just sent her an email.

Bill

stackenem

::) ::) Langer and Rev, Thanks for the info about Linda she did a replacement of the head unit way cheaper than getting mine repaired.

Thanks again guys
Bill

Revtro

Great news.  She really does go out of her way to help.  Glad it worked out for you.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Langer

Good to hear! She's the best customer service rep I have ever dealt with...
-2008 President