Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

KLBA 7-22-08

Started by McCarter, July 21, 2008, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

We are fishing again tomorrow.  Bring your 3" drop shot (nemesis gobys is you have them) and jigs and soft stick baits.  The fishing is starting to heat up pretty good.  Still no consistant smallmouth action but the largeheads are eating like crazy.  Look for schooled up bluegills and you will find the bass.

$40 team entry includes $10 big bass

100% payback at the ramp

East boat launch of Kent Lake in Kensington Metro Park

5 pm - 9 pm

3 fish limit

Lets get a few more boats tomorrow.  Also, I would like to have a short meeting to see if there are any suggestions for the future of our little tournament.  If you guys want to add more lakes or work on a points system and an end of the year fish off, tomorrow would be the time to bring it up.  Or if you have any issues with how we are running it, please let us know.  Kev and I are both a bit confused as to why we cant draw more than 4 or 5 boats especially when paying back 100%.  A couple weeks back we were out there with another tournament trail.  We had 5 boats.  1st place also won big bass and took home $200 with 5 boats.  The other trail had 28 boats and first place took home $280.  Thats what the guy who won told me anyway.  What do we need to do to get more boats?

McCarter himself :-\'

dartag

if i fish can i follow you??.. 

sounds like you are a shoe in to win after the other report. 

plus i hear there are some BIG name guys fishing tomorrow night.  guess i will bring my boat to work and fish. 

see ya tomorrow night.

Langer

Anyone need a partner? I have training tomorrow but should be able to get out in time to make it to the ramp. Steve?

Going to fish with Dartag.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

chase5004

Count me in for tomorrow. I got a partner or I would offer to take Langer.

See you fellas tomorrow,

Pat

MIBassKid

If a boater is interested and needs a partner I'm available. Let me know ASAP
-Luke

cr

I hope to get my boat back from Ranger this weekend so count me in for the next one . Do you sell Nemesis baits at the launch ?..........CR

Durand Dan

Daylite and I will be there ;D

MIBasser

I'm in for tomorrow as well w/ a partner.

Andy

DennisB.

When is the next one? I would like to join up if possible. Also would have the backseat available for anyone that would like to go. I have fished kent very little but would love to do more. Wifes got a dentist apt tommorow and I have kid duties or I would come out and say hi.

McCarter

Luke,

your all set to fish as co angler.  Your fishing with Chris (Bender). 

Charles,

Call (248-379-4724) or email (brian@nemesisbaits.com) me ahead of time and I can bring baits down for you.  We are pouring tonite so depending on what you want, i could hve it ready for you tomorrow. 

Dennis,

Our next event will be Aug 5th.  Always at the east launch from 5 pm - 9 pm.  Just try to be there a little early so you have time to launch the boat and pay the piper.

We have quite a few boats coming tomorrow.  Looks like 8 - 10.  See you guys tomorrow.
McCarter himself

jerkin

Im in also for the first time fishing the KLBA. Sounds like fun!! ;D

dartag

how about we line up and do a Grand Prix start like in the old days. 
I should have brought my Nylon Jumpsuit.

Bender

What happens after we run to the boats? I think it might be a little anticlimactic when we just ooze off.  ;D
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

If anyone is looking for a non boat partner for tonite, please call me asap

248-379-4724

McCarter

dartag

Quote from: Bender on July 22, 2008, 01:10:15 PM
What happens after we run to the boats? I think it might be a little anticlimactic when we just ooze off.  ;D

" Run "  not sure i know what that word means...  Might be some heart attacks if we run to far. 

jerkin

Eric,

Nice bag of largies, but maby you can try not to be late next time. In any outher tourny
you would have been DQ. Heck even uncle fred said to bad we were late to me!!! OH well
nice job catching them anyways. DON"T spend all of that cash in one place now!! ;D.
Brian thank's for puting on the show see you next time, and i will put the word out to some
friends.

McCarter

I knew something was up.  I didnt realize anyone was late, and Im not saying anyone was.  Kev and I came in 10 minutes early and there were already a bunch of boats pulliing out and approaching the docks.  I had to pull Kev out and then i pulled 2 other boats out so i wasnt really watching everyone come in.  We try to keep it loose when we fish out there.  But i understand people being upset if in fact someone came in 5 minutes late and was not penalized.  We kinda depend on people to police themselves if needed.  A few people were commenting on what the late penalty was.  I asked why and if someone was late but everyone was being tight lipped.  It wasnt until after the tournament and the payout that someone said there was a late boat.  There wasnt much I could do at that point.  I hope this does not reflect poorly on Me, or Kev, or the KLBA, or anyone.  We do our best to run a good weeknight tournament but we are not perfect.  Sounds like we will have to get in even earlier and really watch to make sure people are where they are supposed to be at the proper time.

Hope no one is too mad.  I never announced an official time, so i guess i should start doing that.  If we are going to continue to get bigger turnouts, we better run a tighter ship.

And to all that decide to fish with us, if you see something that you think is wrong, please let us know right away.  We can fix it if we hear about it in time.  Letting us know after the fact isnt going to do us any good.

In closing, i did not see anyone come in late so i am not saying that anyone was late.  I am just addressing the comments that were made by 2 guys.

McCarter himself :-\'

jerkin

Brian,

Thank you for putting on the KLBA Tuesday night tournaments.  The comments I made about Eric Bond and Uncle Fred being late were direct towards those two individuals.  I think the KLBA is at ground zero and has tremendous potential.  I hope that my comments will not detour future anglers from fishing this event because I have full confidence that this is a legitimate and fun time for a week night tournament on an awesome lake.  So having have said that I would like to sponser the next event by maybe dontating $25 gas cards for the top 3 finishers or something to that effect.  Again I would like to thank you for putting this event on and if anything, I would like to try to help you promote it. Please give me a call if you are interested with having some help. 517 404-8358
                                                 Deven Bond, Freedom Concrete Construction, LLC

chase5004

Well, I have pondered this for a two days now, so I will address this issue the best I can. First of all I like the event, and I thought it was great with the bigger turnout. I like the people, and the way things are run. I will be back again to fish next time.

Now, being that my partner and I came in second this could have effected us the most, obviously. (a couple hundred dollars is a big swing one way or the other )I, myself, was not watching for late people so I cannot comment on anyone being late, however with that being said I would think that IF someone came in late then integrity should dictate their actions. If no one was late then a job well done, and everyone will be gunning for your title next time. I guess we can use this as a learning experience.

Pat

jerkin

Well i spoke with uncle Fred last night an he admitted that they were late!!  ::) He also said
that Eric had told him that it was no problem and that since they had engine problems everyone would understand why they were late and their catch would be accepted.  Uncle Fred now feels like they had broken the rules and due to his inexperience in tournament fishing he was obviously mislead by Eric.  So, fellow tournament anglers of the KLBA hopefully you won't hold this situation against Uncle Fred. Again no disrespect to Brian, I think this is an awesome club on an awesome fishery- keep up the good work.