Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

FYI on the required GDPR notice

Started by djkimmel, September 16, 2018, 06:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

If the code is working right and I've implemented it right you will never know that I've done this... but... there's always a chance one of you has something weird happen and you'll be totally surprised, which is why I'm posting this.

Due to various contracts and agreements I have to work with, I am required to implement a solution for the new May 25, 2018 enactment of the European Union privacy laws, commonly known as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). I can't just tell some of my affiliations that I have virtually no traffic from people who are covered under this EU law. Just the chance that someone from the EU visits my site is enough to put everyone, including me, at risk of penalties.

One of the companies I work with has required that I add a process to my websites that explains their privacy rights, details what personal data may be captured about them and asks for permission, or gives them the ability to block the use of and/or remove their personal data.

How It Should Work For Non-EU Visitors
I have it set up to determine from your browser whether or not you are from a European Union country. The notice and permission form should only pop up if your browser indicates one of those countries. There's a possibility if your browser is not sharing the right locale or some other error happens you may see the form. If you do, you have to respond to it before you can continue visiting the website. You can just agree to it if you're not an EU citizen - that won't change anything for you for how things work now, or you could even go through and set permissions. Not sure what happens when these are set to any kinds of limits. I don't have an easy way of testing that.

IMPORTANT: If you are one of my regular visitors or members (and NOT from an EU country - meaning pretty much all of you) AND you see this pop up about privacy permissions please contact me so I can find out why you are seeing it. I will need further information from you if this happens such as what device, browser and version. Odds should be extremely low that any of you ever will but there are ways to trigger it, and then there are the odd Internet hiccups that sometimes occur. I want it to work right and not cause any of you unnecessary issues.

I am in the process of rewriting my privacy policy to try to meet all of the requirements various companies, affiliations and laws of certain countries require from me so it will be changing over the next few weeks. It's never a bad idea to periodically check privacy policies of the Internet sites you visit regularly or especially any you give any personal data to.

If You Are An EU Visitor
If you visit this website from a country covered under the GDPR and you DON'T see the pop up form giving you the opportunity to see what personal data this website and affiliated companies may capture about you with options to block and/or remove this data please contact us: privacy@greatlakesbass.com. We will be adding links to our privacy policy shortly to give you access to look up and set your privacy permissions manually.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.