email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LSC question.  (Read 208 times)

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
LSC question.
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:46:05 PM »

With cooler weather coming, Iím wondering if Anchor Bay turns on again in September like it does in May. Iím thinking about taking my new kayak over there for a day, and would like to have one area to fish since it takes a long time to get from place to place in a kayak. Just wondering. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rangerman

• Godfather of the Lake Norman Mafia
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
Re: LSC question.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:50 AM »

Well sure not a local, but we do catch a lot of small mouth in Anchor Bay right out of Selfridge in the fall. Most times when we arrive is late Sept or early Oct.

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »

Iíve never been there this late in the year. I really want to take my kayak, which will make traveling around the lake a very slow process. With Anchor Bay being shallower, and the fact that Iíve caught a lot of fish out of that area, I think it would be perfect for a kayak trip. But, the mile road area may not be a bad idea either. I was really hoping that quite a few guys would chime in on this, but it doesnít look like that will happen.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 01:58:19 AM »

Anchor Bay can get good in the fall. It's different every year. I tend to like fishing the other side more from the North Channel south towards Strawberry Island. You can catch them out from Selfridge as well though. Just never know how good it's going to be or where the fish will gather. But an addition is that some of the canal to the north of Selfridge can get good for largemouth bass too, and the panfish fishing can be really good for big bluegills and crappie. Still a hike to some of the fishing for a kayak but you never really know where some good fish will pop up in Anchor Bay. It's a little bit of a crap shoot, but you can win.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Help Keep GLBass.com Growing
Visit the GLBass Stores

Buy GLBass.com Apparel

Buy Almost Anything from
the GLB Amazon.com Store

Online Shopping Links Available Here. Some Internet only specials!

GreatLakesBass.com Marine
Weather Portal Page

Check out Dan's Sponsors
Ranger Boats
Yamaha Outboards
Combat Fishing
Xtreme Bass Tackle
D & R Sports Center
Flint Sign & Design
Deka Battery

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | GreatLakesBass.com Apparel | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge