Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Muskegon Lake

Started by 10-10 Bass Busters, July 01, 2008, 09:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10-10 Bass Busters

Myself(and i know few others that post here) have a tournament on muskegon saturday.  i won't get a chance to pre-fish and wondered how the lake is looking?  Weeds growing?  Has the bite been good?  Any pattern working?  Is the smallie bite in the Channel?  Any Info would be great..either post or PM me.  Thanks

Cy

I'm planning on fishing a tournament out there on Saturday too.  I am planning to get out there on Friday morning if not before I will post up what I find sometime on Friday.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

10-10 Bass Busters

thanks cy..any info will help..are u fishing kellogsville?

Cy

Yeah...that's the plan.  The last one I fished was Croton.  I had planned on picking one up once in a while though out the summer.  It looks like it's going to be great weather for fishing.

I'll let you know if I get out.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

fasttrack

I'll be there too. Like you, I have not been there in a while and cannot pre-fish either. My partner was there last week and said fishing was tough (post-spawn). He only had 9lbs on five fish. Winner had 11lbs. And there are some really good guys in that club. My good friends are leading in the overall points standings for Kelloggsville. I fished as a sub for one of them at Croton and we got third place. They won at Hardy and were 10th at White. I will be fishing as a sub again with one of them for this event. Hopefully we can put something together and keep them up at the top! We plan to just go do 'all the usual stuff' (weedy flats with topwater in the morning, breaks and deeper structure as the day progresses) and maybe mix in something new if time and conditions allow. Last year myself and a different partner won a Kellogsville tourney on Muskegon - mostly on one certain spot (sorry, its too small to give it away). We will certainly spend part of the morning there. I have not heard anything about the channel one way or the other. Two years ago it was won out there with 18+lbs. The same team fished it again on the second Muskegon tourney and only got 1-2 fish - very risky.

Good luck!
Marc DeHollander
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

TCook

Yes Marc please keep that area to yourself, its rare to see a boat on it and I would like to keep it that way. ;) It is hit or miss though so dont bank on it. Good Luck

T
FISH HARD!!!

Waterfoul

I will also be fishing the K-ville event... without prefishing!  Again.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

LUMBERLEO

KG and I fished the Grand River Saturday.  I the river was super muddy so we ran into the bayous and proceeded to wack'em.  We would have 15LB's easy and with a 4 and almost 4 kicker.  Will post a pick when I get it off my phone.  The river is getting better and better I think FLW is missing a great recovering fishery and spreading the tournaments out to far.  I personally will not be fishing them this year because of the change and fuel prices.  If you guys get a chance get down to the river I have had a couple really good days out there this year and seems to be getting better.

Scott

What did it take to win Muskegon?

Maybe I will fish the next one and run to the river  ;D

10-10 Bass Busters

We were 3rd with 12.5..I think first was 13.1...you had about an 1 hour from 6a to 7a to really slam the fish then it turned off.  We had our limit in 18 minutes and culled two fish by 6:45.  As soon as the sun broke over the trees...really slow! We hit 4 other spots the rest of the day and only caught a few 14"  If we coud have found 1 more 2 1/2 lb we could have possible won...just couldn't get rid of that last small fish.  We also caught 30lb of dog fish...those devils are fun to catch!!!  They are nuts!

thedude

nice comeback after tamarack scott!
(helps not fishing with Eric doesn't it?  :D ;D 8) )
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

10-10 Bass Busters

yeah that felt good to win a little cash back....i need to beat eric tommorrow and win some of the $ he's taken from me... ;D

Eric

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Cy

Sorry I didn't post anything on Friday, I had nothing to share.  My practice was crappy and our tournament finish wasn't much better.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

fasttrack

Great job bailipanga! Were you one of the boats in a group of about 8 'somewhere' west of the Black bouy? We were there too. We were all catching fish fast and furious, like you said, until 7am or so. Sounds like you got the better ones - we only had 9.5 lbs and finished in the middle of the pack. Tried other stuff the rest of the day and nothing but some shorts and/or bump'ers.

I'd like to meet you and Cfruel one of these times - I see you guys on this forum but we have never met. I will probably skip the Grand but should be at the last two. Ask Rich or Jennifer to point you my direction in the morning!

TCook - not much happening there that day. And so much for being 'secret' - it was covered with at least 6-8 boats!

See ya guys

Marc
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

10-10 Bass Busters

Marc we meet last year..I'm Scott Clarke, in the older green nitro with the 115hp.  No we weren't by the black bouy...we were fishing around 3 other boats.  They only caught a few around us...for some reason we just had the hot hand that morning...i've been in the other boats many of time when u wach them cath one after another..felt good to finally catch some nice fish fast.

Cy

I'm happy to catch up anytime.  I haven't finalized if I am going to skip the BBT on White and fish the Grand or not.  But I will fish at least one more KSC tournament before the end of the year.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net